The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

Will the comments of the U.K. chief of Airbus be dismissed by some as Project Fear.

14000 direct jobs at risk,and another 100,000 down the supply chain.

As many argued from the outset,the U.K. provided a stable and skilled base for industry to cooperate and supply world markets through our European agreements.

Decisions are being made for the future in boardrooms around the world ,and we are in the process of putting the U.K. at a massive disadvantage.

Absolutely unbelievable,and completely reckless on the part of our Parliament.

I am bracing myself for the next contribution from Carboot regarding corrupt banks,multinationals and the plight of the downtrodden masses.

15 hours ago, L00b said:

Not quite: they'll be imported by established or ethnic gangmasters paying them the same IN/PK going rate here, and piling them 30 to a terraced house for the duration. Which they can do up between shifts or in winter months.

They cant as being a gang-master is licensed and regulated and minimum wage must also be paid. 

http://www.gla.gov.uk/

15 hours ago, L00b said:

Obscene profits, even after shipping costs. Current illegal slave trafficking practices made legal, basically.

No, see above.

3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s poorer people who are going to be destroyed. 

They why worry? All those that seem to be complaining about the poorer people on here have already insulated themselves from any alleged harm and if it was the poorer people (whatever that means) that voted for brexit then let them complain as they dont need a surrogate complainer to do it for them.

3 hours ago, ez8004 said:

I’ll be looking after myself and I am safe from all this. 

A classic example!

Edited by apelike

35 minutes ago, apelike said:

They why worry? All those that seem to be complaining about the poorer people on here have already insulated themselves from any alleged harm and if it was the poorer people (whatever that means) that voted for brexit then let them complain as they dont need a surrogate complainer to do it for them.

A classic example!

I am fine for my own financial circumstances. But it is my children I am more worried about. I suppose I could give them a financial cushion in the future to minimise the impact, but this shouldn’t be the case. 

So as always, your short sightedness is demonstrated over and over again. 

Edited by ez8004

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

The people of Northern Ireland don't want a hard border.

The people of the Irish Republic don't want a hard border.

The people of the UK don't want a hard border.

Only the EU wants a hard border, no matter if it brings back the long war.

The European Project in fact demands a hard border. Reason enough not to be a member of the EU.

What you say is correct. There was a news report this week in which someone from EU stated there will be a hard border, If the UK leave without a deal.  It sounded like a threat.

I saw a news report last week from Northern Ireland and a Northern Irish lady lawyer stated the problems about the Irish border only started after Leo Varadkar became Irish Prime Minister a year after the democratic UK people  voted to leave the EU.

Edited by Lockdoctor

13 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

What you say is correct. There was a news report this week in which someone from EU stated there will be a hard border, If the UK leave without a deal.  It sounded like a threat.

I believe that came from the Irish Government, saying they would resist a hard border come no deal even though the EU would want one.

the EU don't want a hard border, that's why they insisted on the back-stop.

this really isn't difficult.

and i thought one of the main reasons for leaving was so that we *could* control our borders?

Edited by ads36

5 minutes ago, ads36 said:

the EU don't want a hard border, that's why they insisted on the back-stop.

and i thought one of the main reasons for leaving was so that we *could* control our borders?

You mean the EU don't want the UK to leave the EU.   The EU are hoping the UK Government won't honour the 2016 EU referendum result, which the democratic UK people voted to leave the EU.

47 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's not a threat, unlike you they're just being honest!

A border will be required, it's so self evidently the case it's a no-brainer.

15 minutes ago, ads36 said:

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You mean the EU don't want the UK to leave the EU.   The EU are hoping the UK Government won't honour the 2016 EU referendum result, which the democratic UK people voted to leave the EU.

Then along comes Lockdoctor! Even the simple stuff is too much for some :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

we can suggest all sorts of things that EU might want.

They're just following the WTO rules.

WTO rules don't allow countries to treat some more favourably than others (outside a trade-deal)

eg, the EU/UK can't have an open border on the Island of Ireland, if they don't open *all* their borders.

hence, the back-stop.

the EU have insisted on it (ergo, no hard border)

our lot are moaning about it (ergo, hard border)

this is why trade-deals are such a big deal - and it seems we're openly talking about walking away from 40 or so trade deals.

it's bonkers beyond satire.

Edited by ads36