The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

3 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

So how does that argument help you in any way for a no deal Brexit that you are advocating?

I am no advocating for a no deal Brexit.  A no deal Brexit is the default legal position.  I am not worried about a no deal Brexit.  A country with a massive trade deficit with the EU should not be worried about a no deal Brexit.  If the UK had a massive trade surplus with the EU  like Germany do, then I would have concerns about a no deal Brexit. 

I don't care, if the UK fall foul of any WTO rules.  Do you seriously think the people of China and America care when their Governments  flout WTO rules?  

The governments of China, and America, will definitely care when *we* flout WTO rules.

it's game of leverage, and we don't have much any more.

Edited by ads36

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

What you say is correct. There was a news report this week in which someone from EU stated there will be a hard border, If the UK leave without a deal.  It sounded like a threat.

I saw a news report last week from Northern Ireland and a Northern Irish lady lawyer stated the problems about the Irish border only started after Leo Varadkar became Irish Prime Minister a year after the democratic UK people  voted to leave the EU.

In the event of a full, clean No Deal Brexit, the EU will force the Irish Republic to build and maintain a hard border on the island of Ireland. The EU only cares about its sacrosanct four freedoms for business, not the conflict it may ignite by it's contempt for the Good Friday Agreement.

4 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

In the event of a full, clean No Deal Brexit, the EU will force the Irish Republic to build and maintain a hard border on the island of Ireland. The EU only cares about its sacrosanct four freedoms for business, not the conflict it may ignite by it's contempt for the Good Friday Agreement.

Assuming you are correct, then the logical decision for the Irish Republic would be to follow the UK out of the EU. 

1 hour ago, ez8004 said:

Someone explain why it is undemocratic for a democratic vote to overturn a preceding democratic vote?

That's exactly what the Remainer £billionaires attending the World Economic Forum at Davos (with the Chairman of the 'People's Vote' campaign) are explaining. It seems it's democratic for rich people to steal the votes of poor people by forcing them to have another vote on our EU membership without first actually implementing the democratic result of the biggest and most popular vote in our history.

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Assuming you are correct, then the logical decision for the Irish Republic would be to follow the UK out of the EU. 

Ireland will be forced into living with the "hardest border in Europe" if the UK crashes out without a Brexit deal, a key ally of Angela Merkel has starkly warned.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/ireland-will-have-hardest-border-in-europe-if-theres-a-no-deal-brexit-37140024.html

The EU will help bring about the return of the long war, just so business can make a profit. Appalling.

Edited by Car Boot

3 hours ago, ez8004 said:

I am fine for my own financial circumstances. But it is my children I am more worried about. I suppose I could give them a financial cushion in the future to minimise the impact, but this shouldn’t be the case

Minimise the supposed impact you mean as it may not be that way. In any-case why shouldn't you if you are as you say fine financially? Any decent parent would help their children and most seem to do just that, and the term coined in case you wonder is called "The Bank of Mum and Dad". I have already helped mine and gave my son £10,000 to put down as a deposit to buy his home. Seems like you are a bit behind as usual.. :)

Edited by apelike