The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

The CAP is a subsidy to farmers, that we pay for through our taxes. It doesn't come from thin air.

But, when we leave CAP, a new UK mechanism needs to be put in place.

If I was a farmer I wouldn’t be full of confidence my CAP money would replaced. Quite the opposite given the shower we have available.

Edited by tinfoilhat

2 hours ago, L00b said:

In the immediate context of the preceding posts, "Italian designed, European made" mattresses.

Per the previous page, on which you quoted my post, so you must have seen it, surely?

That will be because she negotiated that deal, for which the UK did most of the heavy lifting, quite successfully so. See Sabine Weygand's recent tweets on the topic. I particularly like her pithy phrasing of the situation: the UK poised to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :twisted:

She can't go more hard line, that's the whole point of the latest kerfuffle. You may as well Brexit without a deal and take your chances.

That is the ideal result for me. Its the only result which delivers the mandate of the Referendum. 

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

If I was a farmer I wouldn’t be full of confidence my CAP money would replaced. Quite the opposite given the shower we have available.

I agree. However, it's part of a process where we as citizens have to start re-engaging in politics and voting for people who will enact policies we want. Delegating to a third party isn't the future imo.

19 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Fruit and Vegetables has already been mentioned, but I've also read that prices of bread could rise.

There's quite a worrying report that was in yesterday's Evening Standard regarding -The headline is scary, but it should be noted that the conclusions they reach are based on different scenarios - and the headline highlights the worse case sceario.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-could-lead-to-thousands-more-deaths-from-heart-attacks-and-strokes-due-to-spike-in-fruit-and-a4051186.html

A few quid on the weekly shop is hardly worth worrying over if it gets us a complete split from the EU. 

Just now, Penistone999 said:

That is the ideal result for me. Its the only result which delivers the mandate of the Referendum. 

Any news on the list of rules and regs the EU have brought in that you don’t like yet? You could well be the first ever brexiter to come up with any so you may win a prize.

In the event of a No Deal Brexit the air that we breathe will be rationed. 

Leave voting areas will be hardest hit by the oxygen cuts and given air for just 5 days a week. Affluent middle-class Remain voters are already excitedly exclaiming that it will be the poorest communities who voted most strongly to Leave that will suffer the most - but they will be unaffected.

More news to follow.