The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

29 minutes ago, woodview said:

Vote them out then. That's part of my point. We've wandered so far from what should be happening.

I agree with what you are saying, but in my opinion, delegating the dishing out of the funds to another organisation, isn't the solution.

But vote for who? We are in the middle of the most critical period of our history since world war two and our two main parties are playing politics. Brexit - and I include prior to the referendum as well - has never been about leavers or remainers, or £350m week. They don't give a **** about any of it. It was all about the Tory party (It still is) and also how Labour can profit from it. We dont matter.

31 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

But vote for who? We are in the middle of the most critical period of our history since world war two and our two main parties are playing politics. Brexit - and I include prior to the referendum as well - has never been about leavers or remainers, or £350m week. They don't give a **** about any of it. It was all about the Tory party (It still is) and also how Labour can profit from it. We dont matter.

Yes, a hell of a lot needs to change in British politics. Once we are through brexit, I hope a lot changes with the 'main' parties.

22 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It wasn’t too shabby. Shame we wasted that chance

Well, that makes two of you at least.

49 minutes ago, woodview said:

We are capable of managing all these things. People believing all the drivel of we-cant-do this and we can't-do-that , need to get up of their knees or backsides.

Are you joking?

The last two years have made us the laughing stock not only of Europe, but the entire world. Our credibility is shot to pieces and any post-Brexit trade deals will take full advantage of our new found economic weakness.

It has not gone unnoticed that all talk of a 'bright new future' has disappeared and been replaced with 'yes, we know it will be rubbish but it's what we voted for!' and 'at least we will take back control!'

The only people who need to get off their backsides are those who didn't vote in 2016. If they had, we wouldn't be in this mess today!

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Vote them out then. That's part of my point. We've wandered so far from what should be happening.

Very true with that, Parliament and MP's gave the electorate a democratic vote and have basically ignored that and have taken over. It would have been easier and quicker to not have had a referendum for the people and just let them vote on the outcome for us instead as that seems to be what is happening now. I'm sure that all this incompetence from them will lead to many more independent candidates in the next election as people understand just what our present political parties are capable of and how rubbish our system is.

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The only people who need to get off their backsides are those who didn't vote in 2016. If they had, we wouldn't be in this mess today!

Why would that make any difference?

Edited by apelike

51 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Ecky Thump, I agree with most of the above. Not sure about the critical period of our History bit. I think I remember when nukes were at the ready to launch.

Angel1.

15 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Are you joking?

The last two years have made us the laughing stock not only of Europe, but the entire world. Our credibility is shot to pieces and any post-Brexit trade deals will take full advantage of our new found economic weakness.

It has not gone unnoticed that all talk of a 'bright new future' has disappeared and been replaced with 'yes, we know it will be rubbish but it's what we voted for!' and 'at least we will take back control!'

So your proposal is to let somebody else do it all for us?

Well, I'm not happy being the little boy having his hand held. As I've said in other posts, British politics needs a MAJOR shakeup, and this is part of it imo. Out of the EU, and hopefully the 'main' parties will split / reshape themselves, and the electorate can re-engage with politics, rather than the apathetic misenfranchised mess we have now.

10 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Ecky Thump, I agree with most of the above. Not sure about the critical period of our History bit. I think I remember when nukes were at the ready to launch.

Angel1.

Not quite the same thing, not all our decision for starters but I can’t really comment as I wasn’t born for must of it but I take your point.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

We are capable of managing all these things.

Our shabby excuse for a government has spent the last 30+ months proving that we aren't.

we simply don't have the time to do a decent job of it - even if we had the will and talent.

Farmers and farming are going to suffer. 

We're walking away from a system that we were very much part of -  and kneeling down in front of the global markets, hoping they'll be kind to us.

Edited by ads36