The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

39 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

We all know the EU are using the Irish border situation in an attempt to get the decision the democratic UK people made over turned. 

Actually it seems that it is only you and Carboot, the Comedy Trotskyist who think that.

Everyone else on here seems to clearly understand the situation which was after all, warned about before the referendum took place! 🙄

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

The sensible thing to do is bring in new laws making it compulsory for all UK ferry and aviation passengers to show ID before being allowed to start a journey. When I say all the UK, I mean passengers travelling to and from the Isle of Wight as well as passengers travelling from Northern Ireland.

What on earth for?

Are you going to insist on ID to get on a bus, join a motorway, or catch a train? Let's just go the whole hog and have internal passports then?

You can't even get the UK populace to consent to ID cards, and rightly so, you've a laugh if you think they will tolerate that sort of ID to travel.

24 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Actually it seems that it is only you and Carboot, the Comedy Trotskyist who think that.

Everyone else on here seems to clearly understand the situation which was after all, warned about before the referendum took place! 🙄

As I previously stated I don't care if there is a hard border.  I wouldn't complain if the UK Government used some of the £39 billion to build a wall on the Irish border and  offered to lend America the $5 billion they need to build the Mexican wall.  It is normal for different countries to have controlled borders separating them.

4 minutes ago, Obelix said:

What on earth for?

Are you going to insist on ID to get on a bus, join a motorway, or catch a train? Let's just go the whole hog and have internal passports then?

You can't even get the UK populace to consent to ID cards, and rightly so, you've a laugh if you think they will tolerate that sort of ID to travel.

Because then Northern Ireland wouldn't be treated any different to the rest of the UK.   It should be compulsory for all adults living any where in the UK to  carry ID cards in my opinion.

Edited by Lockdoctor

I think yesterday people on here were worrying about the impact of Brexit of food prices. Well fear not.

Sammy Wilson, DUP member (you'll have seen him on political programmes with a bright red face) has said that if there are food shortages in supermarkets , people should go to the chippy instead.

Genius. 

I think this is a modern take on Marie Antionette's famous phrase "Let them eat cake".

What a prime gammon 

Edited by Mister M

All this talk of shortages.  Watching the BBC business news this morning regarding the Dutch onion growers, (go on how many of you thought we got them all from Spain?),  worried about getting their produce to their biggest export market, (worth over a billion € to them), yes the UK, & not getting stuck with the produce at their ports, spoiling due to a no Brexit.

They've come up with the idea of spending their money on developing additional space at the ports & creating 'Green lanes' for lorries destined for the UK where checks can be carried out but most having most of the required checks be carried out well beforehand to satisfy UK Customs.  Brilliantly simple. Big business runs the world & will always find a practical way around things. 

With the French agricultural industry is also worried about maintaining its food sales to the UK, (they have a £1.4 billion trade surplus in this area alone), you can see them going down the same route. 

Also factor in the fact that the German economy growth has now been reduced for this year as a result of both Brexit & ongoing trade wars & business will be looking to ensure that trade with the UK continues. 

Business & people will sort things out, not the likes of Juncker. 

51 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think yesterday people on here were worrying about the impact of Brexit of food prices. Well fear not.

Sammy Wilson, DUP member (you'll have seen him on political programmes with a bright red face) has said that if there are food shortages in supermarkets , people should go to the chippy instead.

Genius. 

I think this is a modern take on Marie Antionette's famous phrase "Let them eat cake".

What a prime gammon 

More likely he is just having a laugh at his own expense.   Can you not remember in the non PC days when it was common to hear jokes implying Irish people were thick?

Building walls,creating obstacles,adding costs by taking measures to circumvent the problems caused by Brexit.

Endless discussion on who will be most badly hurt by a no deal Brexit.

Ever reducing home and overseas investment into the U.K.

No discussion on the benefits to be enjoyed in the foreseeable future as a result of our withdrawal from the EU.

What an utter mess we have needlessly created.

23 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

More likely he is just having a laugh at his own expense.

Nope. Long-habituated to his claims in the Brexit context as I am, through the Irish forum that I frequent, I'm happy to confirm that Wilson is indeed so dense, the light bends around him.

Likewise for David (we'll have trade deals negotiated by September 2018) Davis, Dominic (I've come to realise the Dover-Calais route is most important) Raab, and Boris Johnson (...where do I even begin with him?)