The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

7 hours ago, Car Boot said:

EU has blown a hole in the backstop, Nigel Dodds claims

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/eu-has-blown-a-hole-in-the-backstop-nigel-dodds-claims-37765859.html

That sort of rhetoric should be toned down and instead focused on what Michel Barnier said the other day – that even in the event of a no deal we would sit down and find operation

A measure of how mad Brexit has made things is that last week Car Bot,, the forum's comedy Trotskyist was looking to the neo-Nazi BNP to support his anti working class Brexit and this week he is quoting the quasi fascist supporting DUP to support his crackpot Brexit ideas!

The world turned upside down! 😳

4 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Hilarious.  A good attempt at British humour.

You need to stop googling for gaffs that politicians make.  All politicians make gaffs.  All Sheffield Forum regular contributors make gaffs.  You need to start taking yourself less seriously,  because if you were half as clever as you think you are, then you wouldn't have so much time for wasting posting  your pro prejudicial EU views on the Sheffield Forum.

I don't need to Google Sammy's gaffes, I'm well acquainted with the character, thanks to activity on Irish forums beside SF (actually, for years before I started posting on SF).

Boards.ie, check out the Brexit thread in the politics sub-forum. You might learn a thing or two, the debate is an order of magnitude or two more informed and insightful than in here.

By all means, keep playing the man. Shows how much that 'all due respect' of yours is worth.

46 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

I don’t think it is particularly helpful to throw in accusations of ‘foreigner’ full stop. It is a useless classification that is hopelessly outdated in a globalised world.

It is helpful, as it makes clear where Lockdoctor truly stands on this topic.

And wholly unsurprising: it's what Brexit really is all about, for the average Leave voter just as much as for politicians towing and stoking his sentiment since June 2016.

'Told you before, Tim: expect more of it over the months and years to come. Especially after March 2019, and all the more so if Brexit occurs without a (softer) withdrawal agreement.

When things get tough for the man on the street, it's always the (foreign, immigrant, sponger...) other's fault, with politicians and the media first to finger-point. Nothing we haven't seen everywhere throughout history, including in the UK (and everywhere else populists currently ride that train: the US, Brazil, the Philipines, France, Hungary, Poland, Italy...) for the past number of years.

Edited by L00b

49 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

I don’t think it is particularly helpful to throw in accusations of ‘foreigner’ full stop. It is a useless classification that is hopelessly outdated in a globalised world.

Globalised World ?,Only yesterday Geert Wilders stated that Holland should refuse all Muslim migrants ,We have imported an evil called Islam he is reported to have said..

Edited by Albert smith