The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

MORE BREXIT GOOD NEWS

UK citizens are now guaranteed visa-free travel in Europe after Brexit. British tourists entering the EU for up to 90 days in any 180 days will be granted visa-free travel.

So much for 'Project Fear' predictions of UK tourists being banned from going to Spain on their hols!

More junk from the Trunk...

I have visa free movement at the moment so Brexit is actually restricting my movement.

So the EU have offered visa-free travel that's good. But they put in a foot note obviously on the part of Spain saying Gibraltar was a  British colony which is wrong.  Gibraltar is a overseas dependency and has been for years. When Gibraltar was given the choice if they wanted to remain part of the UK the result was %99 to remain.

If Remain voters could have news of high UK unemployment, high UK inflation, collapsing UK economic growth, UK property prices falling drastically and the UK getting the same dire economic warnings that Germany has recently etc. They would at least be happy that their 'Project Fear' disaster scenario is (at last) coming true.

Well, it is.

But not for the UK. 

It's the Eurozone that is sinking deeper and deeper into ruin.

If Remain voters could have news of high UK unemployment, high UK inflation, collapsing UK economic growth, UK property prices falling drastically and the UK getting the same dire economic warnings that Germany has recently etc. They would at least be happy that their 'Project Fear' disaster scenario is (at last) coming true.

Well, it is.

But not for the UK. 

You think the UK is doing great at the moment do you?

4 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

If all this wasn't bananas enough, just heard that cars with number plates bearing both the GB and the Euro symbol will have to be changed for travel in Europe in the event of a no-deal....

Edit : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00028mg, about 3'50" in, Radio 4 news

Ive never had the EU thing  on any of my vehicles. Every time ive bought one, ive had new plates made up WITHOUT the EU thing on it. 

5 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Ive never had the EU thing  on any of my vehicles. Every time ive bought one, ive had new plates made up WITHOUT the EU thing on it. 

And we wonder how people can be so obsessed and extreme on the subject of the EU, and then let them loose at the ballot box Oo

Well, it is.

But not for the UK. 

The Central and Eastern countries of the EU are the best performing economies and in time some will be major contributors to the EU budget.

Those with a less blinkered view believe in EU objective of assisting ,mainly the ex communist countries to develop their industry and infrastructure for the benefit of all of us in the fullness of time.

In recent years that has meant that we are one of a few nett contributors to the budget,but that is the essence of the EU.,and the spin off is the security of a major trading bloc.

Regrettably over the next few years there is no way that our economy will out perform that of Germany whatever temporary blip there may be,and we are dispensing with a safety net at precisely the wrong time.

I say this because it is obvious that the other major markets are increasingly protectionist,and best dealt with through EU trading terms.

I hope that you will eventually start your “Reasons to be cheerful” list ,for our enjoyment.