The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

57 minutes ago, woolyhead said:

And an even greater number of people didn't vote because the implications of the question asked were not made clear. And this is called democracy!

I think democracy is about letting people decide how they wish to vote and just like the law, ignorance is no defence. In any-case Cameron spent £9 billion on leafleting all households explaining the situation. 

11 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yet even more people turned out in Ireland to vote in favour of the Belfast Agreement (81%) yet you think that it should be ignored!

Over 17.4 million people voted in favour of the Belfast agreement? I didn't know there were that many people living on the whole island of Ireland!

Considering there is less than 6 million people in the whole of Ireland, North and South, are you counting every vote three or four times? If so, why?

Edited by Car Boot

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yet even more people turned out in Ireland to vote in favour of the Belfast Agreement (81%) yet you think that it should be ignored!

The EU thinks the GFA should be ignored because it wants to enforce a hard border on Ireland.

Nobody else wants it, just the EU.

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Nobody else wants it, just the EU.

Thats about right as there is no legislation in international law that requires any country to have a border with another neighbouring country. I dont think the GFA mentions anything about a border either.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, woolyhead said:

And an even greater number of people didn't vote because the implications of the question asked were not made clear. And this is called democracy!

People didn't vote because they were lazy.

It had nothing to do with Leave or Remain being 'unclear'.

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

Thats about right as there is no legislation in international law that requires any country to have a border with another. I dont think the GFA mentions anything about a border either.

You're right. The GFA doesn't mention a hard border. It does mention the removal of British security installations at the border.

Edited by Car Boot

16 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Over 17.4 million people voted in favour of the Belfast agreement? I didn't know there were that many people living on the whole island of Ireland!

Considering there is less than 6 million people in the whole of Ireland, North and South, are you counting every vote three or four times? If so, why?

So not only do you not understand Irish history and politics, you don't understand maths either lol! 😜😂