The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So not only do you not understand Irish history and politics, you don't understand maths either lol! 😜😂

You stated that "more people turned out in Ireland to vote in favour of the Belfast Agreement". This is factually incorrect.

676,966 people voted in Northern Ireland to support the GFA. In Eire, 1,442,583 people voted to amend the state constitution to comply with the GFA.

Even combined, the total number of votes come nowhere near the biggest and most popular UK vote of 17.4 million to Leave the EU.

44 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

You stated that "more people turned out in Ireland to vote in favour of the Belfast Agreement". This is factually incorrect.

Dude you are seriously clutching at straws!

If you really are that confused, maybe you need to get your bible out and read the parable of the widow's mite. It will explain to you what 'more'  actually means! 😂

31 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Dude you are seriously clutching at straws!

If you really are that confused, maybe you need to get your bible out and read the parable of the widow's mite. It will explain to you what 'more'  actually means! 😂

On your maths more people in my house had Chinese takeaway tonight than voted Remain!

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Letting the electorate loose at the ballot box, how very irresponsible! Spoken like a true fascist.

You are the one who speaks like fascist - not allowing the population to have a say - spoken like a true totalitarian.

When will the people have a chance to vote on what has been decided for them?

Or are you for the establishment of the rich to take away all chance of the poor workers to comment on what the state thinks is right for them.

You are as bad as those who you chastise!!!

What a hypocrite!

2 hours ago, apelike said:

I think democracy is about letting people decide how they wish to vote and just like the law, ignorance is no defence. In any-case Cameron spent £9 billion on leafleting all households explaining the situation. 

£9 billion - is that part of the £350M a week we will be spending on the NHS?

2 hours ago, apelike said:

I think democracy is about letting people decide how they wish to vote and just like the law, ignorance is no defence. In any-case Cameron spent £9 billion on leafleting all households explaining the situation. 

Isn't democracy having the chance to change your mind? Or is the ex-Brexit minister wrong (see my sig)?

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

The EU thinks the GFA should be ignored because it wants to enforce a hard border on Ireland.

Nobody else wants it, just the EU.

Nope - we've been through this before - Mrs May wants a hard border, the EU doesn't.

31 minutes ago, Litotes said:

£9 billion - is that part of the £350M a week we will be spending on the NHS?

Opps a typo so well spotted.

Isn't democracy having the chance to change your mind? Or is the ex-Brexit minister wrong (see my sig)?

Yes but in our democracy its parliament that will decide if they will give you that chance, and until they do then you will just have to keep on hoping. 

Edited by apelike

38 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Nope - we've been through this before - Mrs May wants a hard border, the EU doesn't.

I think you have got that wrong, its the 'no deal' option that will force a hard border, May is doing her best to avoid that.

12 minutes ago, apelike said:

Yes but in our democracy its parliament that will decide if they will give you that chance, and until they do then you will just have to keep on hoping. 

So if Parliament decides that Brexit is a really stupid idea and decide to cancel it, you will be cool with that?

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So if Parliament decides that Brexit is a really stupid idea and decide to cancel it, you will be cool with that?

I have already stated before that I will accept parliaments decision if they decide to do that so yes, however I very much doubt that will be the case.

18 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I think you have got that wrong, its the 'no deal' option that will force a hard border, May is doing her best to avoid that.

But there does not have to be a hard border as there is nothing in international law that states there must be a border at all. If it really comes down to having one then it it could just be a simple border for customs goods checks only and not for people.

Edited by apelike