The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

5 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I expect our new UK standards to at least equal the EU ones.  I expect our Parliament and law makers to ensure there is no lowing of UK standards.  I assume the current EU standards will be the default setting for UK standards when we leave the EU on 29th March. 

The decision for the UK to leave the EU has been made and no doubt many businesses will have to bear some expense as a consequence.  It is nothing new for businesses to bear expenses whenever there is a change in legislation. 

If you believe all that your a bigger Muppet than I thought

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Breaking news - Nissan plant cancels plans to build a new model of car at Sunderland plant. 

Sadly people could lose their jobs.

Yeah but...taking back control....bendy bananas....sovereign nation blah blah blah

31 minutes ago, melthebell said:

If you believe all that your a bigger Muppet than I thought

Hilarious.  I am not a Muppet, who moans at every opportunity because a democratic choice didn't go the same way I personally voted.  I am not a Muppet,  who lives in one of the riches democratic  countries  on earth,  who preaches doom and gloom at every opportunity and want to cheat my fellow citizens out of their democratic wish.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

I expect our new UK standards to at least equal the EU ones.  I expect our Parliament and law makers to ensure there is no lowing of UK standards.  I assume the current EU standards will be the default setting for UK standards when we leave the EU on 29th March. 

The decision for the UK to leave the EU has been made and no doubt many businesses will have to bear some expense as a consequence.  It is nothing new for businesses to bear expenses whenever there is a change in legislation. 

"At least equal" is not a thing for all standards. That demonstrates to me that you have little or no experience in showing compliance with EU standards.

They are the same, or different. I also assume that we will keep the same standards, because they are part of current UK statutory law. 

If they then diverge, that's a cost to business that some can no doubt ill afford. Some will go out of business. Others will relocate.

Do you think that's an acceptable cost, when compared to the alleged benefits Brexit will bring?

If you do, then you must know those benefits, so please list at least one here, that we don't already have.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

That being the bit where UK plc loses EU27 (and elsewhere) business to its global competition, because its cost base goes up, whilst that of its global competitors doesn't. That's of course the bit of UK plc, that can still service EU27 markets post-Brexit. The harder the Brexit, the smaller that bit. Straightforward legislative cause-and-effect.

That being the bit where, were the UK not Brexiting, UK plc and its EU27 competition would continue to bear those same expenses in lockstep.

That being the bit where, were the UK not Brexiting, UK plc and its EU27 competition would continue to, collectively, swing the biggest international trade bat in the world, ensuring that changing legislation (and associated expenses) ripple out to the non-EU global competition intent on supplying the EU market (check out the 'Brussels effect', not the first time I've drawn attention to it: this is the reason why UK plc will not diverge from future EU legislation, lest it makes itself ever-less able and competitive to supply evolving EU27 markets).

There is no trading or financial upside to any form of Brexit, from the softest to the crash-out hardest. 

Edited by L00b

25 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

"At least equal" is not a thing for all standards. That demonstrates to me that you have little or no experience in showing compliance with EU standards.

They are the same, or different. I also assume that we will keep the same standards, because they are part of current UK statutory law. 

If they then diverge, that's a cost to business that some can no doubt ill afford. Some will go out of business. Others will relocate.

Do you think that's an acceptable cost, when compared to the alleged benefits Brexit will bring?

If you do, then you must know those benefits, so please list at least one here, that we don't already have.

I understand what BS EN means when I see it in front of numbers.   I am not sure how  me using  'At least equal' demonstrates  anything to you. We both agree we are most likely to keep the same standards which demonstrates to me there is nothing worth worrying about.

The decision to leave the EU has already been made.  The time to discuss acceptable costs and future benefits of leaving the EU was before the democratic people voted to leave the EU.

15 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Any leave voters think this is a worthwhile price to pay for Brexit?

On Sky News they stated the decision was more based on the move away from diesel cars than anything to do with Brexit and there wouldn't be any job losses as consequence of this decision because they are not manufacturing that model of car in Sunderland.

Edited by Lockdoctor

5 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I understand what BS EN means when I see it in front of numbers.   I am not sure how  me using  'At least equal' demonstrates  anything to you. We both agree we are most likely to keep the same standards which demonstrates to me there is nothing worth worrying about.

The decision to leave the EU has already been made.  The time to discuss acceptable costs and future benefits of leaving the EU was before the democratic people voted to leave the EU.

On Sky News they stated the decision was more based on the move away from diesel cars than anything to do with Brexit and there wouldn't be any job losses as consequence of this decision because they are not manufacturing that model of car in Sunderland.

Nissan invested in the UK to establish a tariff free entry into the EU market.

Now faced with a probable 10% tariff ,so how much future investment do you envisage.

No new models equals job losses.

All so predictable and often mentioned on this forum.

You can’t keep parroting Project Fear as the reality sets in.

Of course ,you voted for Remain😁,but is it wise for any of us to give up the fight when it is so obviously a disaster.

Use your democratic right to oppose a No Deal Brexit.