The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

4 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

The Brexit Bus £350 million is not going very far is it.

Tunnel

Nissan

No deal Brexit fund.

Oh, by the way May suggests that her naughty boy Boris was wrong to suggest it was a weekly amount.  She thinks it may be per year.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/16/boriss-big-red-brexit-bus-might-have-been-accurate-after-all-8146322/

Is the answer the other way usually stated as 'we haven't left yet'?

Either way, I deffo would have not voted if I thought 350m a week going to NHS.

Glad this lie won't come off.

27 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

so worker comments taken with finch of salt, but one sociologist is to believed?

Bit scatty that post for me.

Who is taking worker comments with a pinch of salt?

I think a sociologist who has spent years studying this phenomenon has way more credibility than a journalist told to spend ten minutes asking a few people at Nissan what they think of the decision.

21 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who is taking worker comments with a pinch of salt?

I think a sociologist who has spent years studying this phenomenon has way more credibility than a journalist told to spend ten minutes asking a few people at Nissan what they think of the decision.

You think they have more credibility? Great.

Who were the few people they asked btw? Were they a few thickos at the bottom of the ladder, or what? Union members? Bosses? Supervisors?

I have no idea.

35 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

You think they have more credibility? Great.

I know that post-Trump, post-Brexit we are supposed to give ignorance and knowledge an equal status but I still prefer to give more weight to someone who has spent time studying a subject in depth over and above a bored journalist putting together o short package for tonight's news and probably thinking about the next job as they are doing it.

BREXIT  was always  a game,  in which no one can either predict or guarantee the future thus framing the whole circus in speculative nonsense.  Its was based on the premise of divide and rule  and the division is going well,  and rulers tell their crowds what to do, and expect them t obey.  Selective people are asked for their opinions  in the game of framing public opinion,  as giving the vote to the ruled class, was a stupid idea   as  the public are stupid, so they are fed silly speculative arguments, framing the discussion  which also stops them noticing the infrastructure and social cohesion is falling apart.   The public are time poor, but curiosity rich, so they must be  taught  what to think and what to think about, and it has to be rammed down their impressionable minds till they get it right, when asked to vote again

Government is the invisible guiding hand using the media as the disseminators of what people should know, and how much they should  know about anything.  All they have to do is put a cross on a bit of paper  every few years, and surely they can manage that.    Its not too much to ask the morons to rubber stamp more reforms, which means robbing public funds to finance private corporations even if they do not have ships or a clue what they are for. 

Out job is to trust these pilfering thieves, these so called well intended fraudsters, with the countries money, with the USA breathing down their necks telling them to buy more war machinery, weapons for defence of course.  We could be invaded  any time, if not by the Russians then the Chinese and its out politicians that have to decide its necessary for  pre-emptive nuclear strike, even if the INTELLIGENCE  is the usual lies  as in the IRAQ,  LIBYA, AFGHANISTAN Fiasco, where at least we boosted the farming industry with their opium production, so the helpless could buy it over here thus helping a third world country.

So BEXIT  is all about focusing people on the probable, the possible, to speculate  about the future as if anyone really knows, and politicians are only interested in the glory of the moment while pleading to out better instincts to actually trust this pirate class.

13 hours ago, Hots on said:

Are Nissan moving the production to another EU country?

That was never an option, they had two existing facilities, one here and one in Japan.

13 hours ago, El Cid said:

The middle-classes were more likely to vote to remain, and the working classes more likely to vote to leave.

Which actually comes down to education.  A generational and educational divide.

12 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

How is the EU-Japan trade deal relevant to Nissan's decision not to make the new diesel model car in Sunderland given the fact they aren't planning to increase the numbers of the new models produced in their Japan  factory ?  Logic tells me the EU - Japan trade deal is as likely to have a negative impact on car production  in Sunderland regardless of whether the UK remained in the EU or leaves the EU which the democratic UK people voted to do.

You keep repeating the diesel bit.  You've made it up though haven't you?  I read several articles and didn't see the "diesel model" mentioned anywhere.

6 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

No , im not panicking just because a company decides to go elsewhere. Its hardly the end of the world, even though Remoaners say it is. 

It's just one more added to the steady flow isn't it.

Perhaps you've not been keeping up with the impact of brexit on the economy though.