The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

1 hour ago, woodview said:

In a negotiation it has to be clear that you are prepared to walk away (if if only partially true) .

In a negotiation of equals (or near equals) yes, I would agree.

However, once we triggered Article 50 we ceased to have any real bargaining power. What we are asking of the EU is unreasonable and even the most benign of EU negotiators will not undermine the organisation's own rules to facilitate the wishes of a leaving member.

Yes, a no deal exit will hurt the EU but it will survive. The same can't be said of the UK.

15 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

What a fantastic speech by Gove . He had Commie Corbin squirming in his seat like a naughty schoolboy . That was the speech of a future prime minister. 

Throughout history we've seen with the Tory party that the obvious choices for leader seldom get it in the end. Douglas Hurd, Portillo or Hessletine were in the ring after Thatcher but the damp-rag Major got it! Gove seems an obvious choice to take over from May but I feel that Amber Rudd will get it.

Edited by Hots on

32 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

What a fantastic speech by Gove . He had Commie Corbin squirming in his seat like a naughty schoolboy . That was the speech of a future prime minister. 

I hope not, Gove is a slimy little back stabbing piece of dung.

Angel1.

37 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

3 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I hope not, Gove is a slimy little back stabbing piece of dung.

Angel1.

9 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

So, Corbyn gets invited by May to have a chat how they can progress with Brexit.

Corbyn basically says, not until a 'no deal' is took off the table.

WHAT ?

How stupid is that man ?

Why take away the main thing you have as a bargaining chip.

It’s good to see brexiteers unite under one banner.