The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Corbyn needs to realise that his absence will make a no deal more likely. Give his head a wobble!

His absence and conditions works perfectly fine for his political aims. He’s a hardline Brexiteer and after a GE. Don’t anybody ever say Labour can’t match the Tories in putting party politics above the country’s interests.

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

Cool, so we can forget the £39bn, that's good news!

I imagine the consensus will be softer in some respect. I don't know. But with no consensus we leave in March, unless consensus is found to withdraw A50.

But, after all that, it seems very strange that I'm proposing dialogue, consensus, listening to Remain supporters concerns, but batting back contradictory replies.

Feel free to forget it. There’s a small army of German and French lawyers sharpening their briefs before the ITC, that would remind you about it in due course...maybe even before the EU does when Dr Fox comes a-begging for a bit of friendly leverage at the WTO! 😂

Personally, I’m not “batting” your consensus-seeking posts: I’m injecting a healthy dose of reality in the current discourse, to help qualify what is and isn’t possible under the current legal and factual situation within the timeframe available.

The time to engage in consensus-seeking was after June 2016, March 2017 at the latest. Instead we just had ‘we won get over it’, ‘fed up of experts’, etc...until around now, when it’s all coming down around Leavers’ ears as predicted, and they’re scrambling around for help from Remainers and experts indeed.

Dear Lockdoctor,

From your previous posts can we assume that you are in favour of a No Deal Brexit If this turns out to be the the default option.

Can we also assume that there are some suggested forms of Brexit that would not satisfy your beliefs.

There was a very strong Brexit supporter from the financial world on the Emma Barnett phone in who wished for a referendum with No Deal Brexit v Remain being the only options.

He believed the No deal votes would be in the majority.

I doubt it,but you never know.

I do not see how such a course would not be democratic.

Edited by RJRB

14 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

That isn’t what they have said. Why lie?

Stop calling me a liar when I’m relaying what I have read!

this is where it says they won’t negotiate = https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-michel-barnier-dominic-raab_uk_5b7c3c14e4b07295150d78c2

Edited by mafya

32 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

My fear is with a people’s vote is what will be on the ticket. Remain, hard brexit and what’s? Mays deal? Nope. Whatever deal we can work out on the back of a fag packet but without the input of labour? Or, god forbid, just the two options - hard brexit or remain? I wouldn’t bet against  the country shooting itself in the head again.

so we leave it to our elected representives. If I was May I’d be giving starmer a ring and least get somebody Red(ish) in there. Heck, even Tom Watson, I thought he came across quite well in the commons yesterday. Corbyn needs to realise that his absence will make a no deal more likely. Give his head a wobble!

Comrade Corbyn wants a no deal hard Brexit. Thats the point. The first thing he wants to do is nationalise everything he possibly can think of, and that means mass inflation, mass state aid, and an economy that tanks everyone to the lowest level. You cant do that in the EU - something about state aid rules etc...

4 minutes ago, mafya said:

Stop calling me a liar when I’m relaying what I have read!

this is where it says they won’t negotiate = https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-michel-barnier-dominic-raab_uk_5b7c3c14e4b07295150d78c2

Where does it say in there they wont negotiate?

12 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Dear Lockdoctor,

From your previous posts can we assume that you are in favour of a No Deal Brexit If this turns out to be the the default option.

Can we also assume that there are some suggested forms of Brexit that would not satisfy your beliefs.

There was a very strong Brexit supporter from the financial world on the Emma Barnett phone in who wished for a referendum with No Deal Brexit v Remain being the only options.

He believed the No deal votes would be in the majority.

I doubt it,but you never know.

I do not see how such a course would not be democratic.

I  support the result of the democratic EU democratic result being honoured and respected.  I support Parliament honouring the legislation they have passed since the democratic EU referendum result.  Parliament voted in favour of triggering Article 50 knowing the default position was that the UK leave the EU without  a deal, if no Withdrawal Agreement is agreed.  I am not in favour of goalposts being moved in order to cheat Leave voters out of their democratic wish.

11 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Comrade Corbyn wants a no deal hard Brexit. Thats the point. The first thing he wants to do is nationalise everything he possibly can think of, and that means mass inflation, mass state aid, and an economy that tanks everyone to the lowest level. You cant do that in the EU - something about state aid rules etc...

By negotiate I’m referring to changing the deal offered to May.

3 minutes ago, mafya said:

By negotiate I’m referring to changing the deal offered to May.

But they are prepared to change it. Just not all of it.

5 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I  support the result of the democratic EU democratic result being honoured and respected.  I support Parliament honouring the legislation they have passed since the democratic EU referendum result.  Parliament voted in favour of triggering Article 50 knowing the default position was that the UK leave the EU without  a deal, if no Withdrawal Agreement is agreed.  I am not in favour of goalposts being moved in order to cheat Leave voters out of their democratic wish.

I'm quite happy for the goalposts to be put back so those who were denied a vote, those who were lied to, those who have changed their minds can all reaffirm again what they would like.

10 minutes ago, Obelix said:

To be fair, May went round Europe begging for the backstop to be reworded and got knocked back and the EU have said a few times this was the best and final deal available . Were they lying? Politicking? Was May not asking the right things?