The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

8 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

I  think my views are shared by the majority of Remain voters.  The views expressed by the majority of Remain voters who post in the Sheffield Forum don't mirror normal Remain voters views throughout the UK.  

And Theresa May must think that her views represent the wishes of the U.K. population .

The fact that so far they have not been accepted by the Cabinet, The Conservative Party,Parliament,Leavers or Remainers makes her opinion as suspect as yours.

Glad to see that  Boris has emerged from his love nest to make a bid for the leadership.

That should be another nail in the coffin whilst injecting a bit of comedy into the proceedings.

Edited by RJRB

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Channel Four News' Michael Crick totally owned Boris the Clown at his JCB speech today!

After the 'I never once mentioned Turkey in the referendum campaign' remark, Crick Googled the crap out of it and when Boris tried to leg it he was followed by Crick reading out quote after quote from his mobile of various things Bojo had said about Turkey.

Johnson seems to be singing from the Donald Trump hymnsheet of saying anything you like about a subject, because if you are caught lying, the dummies who support you will neither know nor care about it.

Not sure that this will work over here.

The really funny thing is that the Leave voters were stupid enough to believe Turkey's ascension to the EU was something to work about in the first place.

The 76m figure is the number of Turks we would have invading our shores if they joined the EU.  REALLY?  We are going to have an entire country empty itself to come over here?

Next point, EVERY EU country has a veto to block any potential country from becoming an EU member.  So, in which year do you think you can get Greece AND Cyprus to not veto Turkey’s ascension?

An example of Leave voters being unable to work out the total rubbish they are being fed.

7 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

The really funny thing is that the Leave voters were stupid enough to believe Turkey's ascension to the EU was something to work about in the first place.

The 76m figure is the number of Turks we would have invading our shores if they joined the EU.  REALLY?  We are going to have an entire country empty itself to come over here?

Next point, EVERY EU country has a veto to block any potential country from becoming an EU member.  So, in which year do you think you can get Greece AND Cyprus to not veto Turkey’s ascension?

An example of Leave voters being unable to work out the total rubbish they are being fed.

The real crime is 60 seconds of google searching would confirm to anybody that Turkey is decades away from getting in the EU, if ever.

It just shows the tendency of the leave demographic to mindlessly swallow lies. Lies about Turkey is only one example 

39 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

The real crime is 60 seconds of google searching would confirm to anybody that Turkey is decades away from getting in the EU, if ever.

It just shows the tendency of the leave demographic to mindlessly swallow lies. Lies about Turkey is only one example 

Exaggeration rather than lies. Rather like the Labour government predicting the 2004 EU expansion would only increase net migration into the UK by around 5,000 to 13,000. 

"Net migration reached close to a quarter of a million at its peak in 2010. Lots of red faces, mine included" - Jack Straw, quoted in the Daily Telegraph in 2013.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10445585/Labour-made-a-spectacular-mistake-on-immigration-admits-Jack-Straw.html

Edited by WiseOwl182

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Channel Four News' Michael Crick totally owned Boris the Clown at his JCB speech today!

After the 'I never once mentioned Turkey in the referendum campaign' remark, Crick Googled the crap out of it and when Boris tried to leg it he was followed by Crick reading out quote after quote from his mobile of various things Bojo had said about Turkey.

Johnson seems to be singing from the Donald Trump hymnsheet of saying anything you like about a subject, because if you are caught lying, the dummies who support you will neither know nor care about it.

Not sure that this will work over here.

Unfortunately Johnson, Gove, Farage et al have all been found out to be lying bar stewards but they are constantly given the oxygen of publicity by the likes of Question Time. This means that people who don't follow politics with any degree of depth listen to them or see them on tele and believe they are of some sort of relevance and what they say may have some semblance of truth. When it doesn't.

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Exaggeration rather than lies. Rather like the Labour government predicting the 2004 EU expansion would only increase net migration into the UK by around 5,000 to 13,000. 

"Net migration reached close to a quarter of a million at its peak in 2010. Lots of red faces, mine included" - Jack Straw, quoted in the Daily Telegraph in 2013.

No on Turkey it was blatant lies. Nothing less.

Utter unadulterated complete lies.

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

No on Turkey it was blatant lies. Nothing less.

Utter unadulterated complete lies.

If a country of 74 million is in the EU, then there is an undeniable possibility of 74 million taking advantage of freedom of movement, however unlikely. I'd class that as exaggeration rather than a lie. Were Labour lying in 2004 do you think?

4 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

If a country of 74 million is in the EU, then there is an undeniable possibility of 74 million taking advantage of freedom of movement, however unlikely. I'd class that as exaggeration rather than a lie. Were Labour lying in 2004 do you think?

Except for the fact Turkish accession is unlikely to happen ever.

You only have to look at the Leave campaign posters to understand that they were promoting the lie that Turkey joining the EU was imminent.

What Labour said 12 years before is utterly irrelevant so don’t try and deflect onto that.

The campaign lies are owned by the Leave campaign and they were used in a very specific and targeted way.

Edited by I1L2T3

5 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

How possible do you think? That an entire country moves to the UK? Compared to say, an asteroid destroying the UK?