The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

Magilla,

The whole tenet that Leave is is based on a lie and as has been shown, many of the leading proponents of the leave doctrine are liars - it is a waste of screen space pointing this out to leavers, they just end up parroting "project fear" & "take back control". Unfortunately, this is how they will win despite what is best for the country (IMO).

We had a veto and we could have used it on turkey. It seems odd that the main proponent of leave and, ironically the one pushing for turkey to join the EU forgot to mention it. 

Water under the bridge now. Idiots will vote for him when he tries to get his grubby hands on the keys to number 10.

The ridiculous thing about Turkey’s ascension is that the Leave voters were stupid enough to think that there weren’t other ways to block it. NONE of them actually know anything about how hard it is for Turkey to join. NONE of them actually could explain how they think it is possible for Greece and Cyprus to not veto. 

Once again, Leave voters demonstrated how little they know about the sound bites they just consume without thinking about it. 

24 minutes ago, mafya said:

The Remain camp need to look in the mirror as they told lies = https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/matthew-ellery/leave-lies-remainers-need_b_12191462.html

Pot calling the kettle black springs to mind....

Unsurprisingly, the author hasn't opened up the piece for comments, 'cos I can blow holes in quite a few of those :?

Universities wanted the UK to remain in the EU because leaving would result in Horizon 2020 funding disappearing. Our new Chancellor, Philip Hammond, has agreed to keep this funding in place. Lie number 10.

This is a lie:-

"In the event of a ‘no deal’ scenario, the UK’s departure from the EU would mean UK organisations may be unable to access funding for Horizon 2020 projects after exit day. However, the Chancellor announced in August and October 2016 that the government will guarantee funding for competitively bid for EU projects submitted before we leave the EU."

It does not continue after we leave. So, not "Lie number 10" afterall :rolleyes:

Edited by Magilla

21 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

The ridiculous thing about Turkey’s ascension is that the Leave voters were stupid enough to think that there weren’t other ways to block it. NONE of them actually know anything about how hard it is for Turkey to join. NONE of them actually could explain how they think it is possible for Greece and Cyprus to not veto. 

Once again, Leave voters demonstrated how little they know about the sound bites they just consume without thinking about it. 

In the next treaty when it comes, I predict individual member state veto's will be out.

13 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I have to admit that reading the Remoaners posts on here, I am simply amazed that the Brexiteers had enough common sense to put their mark on the right side of the ballot paper, never mind select their option.

Given their cognitive abilities displayed on here, same! :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

51 minutes ago, mafya said:

The Remain camp need to look in the mirror as they told lies = https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/matthew-ellery/leave-lies-remainers-need_b_12191462.html

Pot calling the kettle black springs to mind....

We are now pursuing a leave agenda which makes the leave lies very important. 

As for a burden of criminality, again with leave.

As for number of ongoing investigations, again with leave.

As I said before if you want to push the ‘remain lied too’ agenda then two wrongs don’t make a right, and in many ways that argument invalidates the referendum further.

Edited by I1L2T3