The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

37 minutes ago, Hots on said:

In the next treaty when it comes, I predict individual member state veto's will be out.

How did you come up with that genius idea? For a treaty to be ratified, all member states need to agree to it. One veto will stop it. So can you imagine France, Germany, Italy, even the U.K. if we are still in it, prepared to give up their veto?

You aren’t the sharpest tool in the box are you?

3 hours ago, Litotes said:

Magilla,

The whole tenet that Leave is is based on a lie and as has been shown, many of the leading proponents of the leave doctrine are liars - it is a waste of screen space pointing this out to leavers, they just end up parroting "project fear" & "take back control". Unfortunately, this is how they will win despite what is best for the country (IMO).

The whole tenet of Leave was based upon a rejection of the failed elitist Westminster/Brussels status quo. 

What is best for the country and what is best for the rich Remain supporting establishment are two entirely different things.

Edited by Car Boot

5 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The whole tenet of Leave was based upon a rejection of the failed elitist Westminster/Brussels status quo. 

What is best for the country and what is best for the rich Remain supporting establishment are two entirely different things.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Remain supporters must grasp that income inequality, job insecurity,  poor quality employment and a huge shortage of affordable decent housing (all created and exacerbated by a Brussels/Westminster elite to further their globalisation and neoliberal agenda) resulted in a huge rejection of the establishment status quo. 

Simply telling Leave voters to back the status quo in a second referendum will only result in another Leave vote.

4 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Remain supporters must grasp that income inequality, job insecurity,  poor quality employment and a huge shortage of affordable decent housing (all created and exacerbated by a Brussels/Westminster elite to further their globalisation and neoliberal agenda) resulted in a huge rejection of the establishment status quo. 

Simply telling Leave voters to back the status quo in a second referendum will only result in another Leave vote.

What are you on about? I am working for a blue chip engineering firm and I am extremely well compensated because I am highly qualified in a very niche area. My job security will see me out till my retirement in 20+ years time. I don’t consider myself to be an “elite”. Just someone we had worked hard. 

You’re just uttering total rubbish as I am an example right here that goes competely counter to your rhetoric. 

29 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

He keeps trying bless his little cotton socks

12 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Have a look through history on work and the working classes.

funnily enough it was happening looooooong before the eu came about

19 hours ago, taxman said:

Unfortunately Johnson, Gove, Farage et al have all been found out to be lying bar stewards but they are constantly given the oxygen of publicity by the likes of Question Time. 

Once again, the BBC has a lot to answer for.

Thirty six hours after Channel Four News had definitively exposed Johnson as a liar, the BBC News website headlined its article on his speech, 'Did Johnson talk Turkey during Brexit campaign?' as though this was still a matter for debate!

As in the referendum campaign, the BBC seems to view impartiality as giving equal credence to both sides of an argument even if one side's claim has already been definitively exposed as a lie. They did this many times over the bus lie and did it many times over the 'Turkey to join the EU' lie.

Edited by Top Cats Hat

8 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

What are you on about? I am working for a blue chip engineering firm and I am extremely well compensated because I am highly qualified in a very niche area. My job security will see me out till my retirement in 20+ years time. I don’t consider myself to be an “elite”. Just someone we had worked hard. 

You’re just uttering total rubbish as I am an example right here that goes competely counter to your rhetoric. 

Ah. The 'I'm alright Jack' Remainer mentality.

This group believes that because they have done well out of the Brussels/Westminster neoliberal agenda then EVERYONE has done well. Completely lacking in empathy is a trait of this blinkered and selfish group.

5 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

It doesn’t change the fact that Leave lied.

Leave said that Turkey is joining the EU. It isn’t joining the EU

Practically every time it lied about Turkey it wove in the idea that 76 million Turkish people could come here.

Leave used Turkey to weaponise immigration as a campaign theme.

You are an immigrant. I would hope that you feel comfortable and settled in the U.K. Do you not feel uncomfortable with immigration being a toxic issue?

Yes, I am an immigrant. My place of birth is a Commonwealth country.  I have always felt comfortable during the time I have lived in the UK.  I don't consider the issue of immigration as a toxic issue because I am am a reasonable person and acknowledge since the EU expanded more and more people from EU countries are allowed to come to the UK without restriction.  It is sensible to have have a controlled immigration policy and the more countries which join the EU mean the UK have less control of immigration numbers, if the UK don't leave the EU.  The issue of Turkey becoming a future member of the EU was fully justified in being debated during the EU referendum campaign given the fact the UK Prime Minister at the time had previously supported Turkey joining the EU.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Correct, added to the fact that everything is about London at the expense of everywhere else and we've seen social cleansing of London, shoving the least fortunate up North where they can't be seen and they can't be heard. 

And who's speaking up for the disabled and the impoverished as they are increasingly degraded and bullied by this government and further money is being taken away from them? 

I fear our politicians are recreating the climate of 1930s Germany. 

Watching the pathetic C4 program about the leave campaign last week, I thought at least they used the private purse for their ends and didn't use treasury money to send a book to everyone full of lies and broken promises, isn't that a real offence?  If not it should be. 

Edited by Lex Luthor