The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

2 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

What it really means is you are free to move between countries for any reason, as I said. I never mentioned benefit or health tourism. That just adds fuel to the fire though - personally I don't believe in freedom of movement for any reason, I think we should have control.

Why?

What's the difference between the freedom to move between the UK and France and the freedom to move between Yorkshire and Lancashire?

1 minute ago, Hots on said:

The likes of you and Halibut et-al would be up in arms had the UK exercised such restrictions as xenophobic.  

The point is that the EU didn't stop us, EU rules don't and never stopped us.  We chose not to stop it, and then you fell for it when politicians told you it was the EU's fault.

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

Why?

What's the difference between the freedom to move between the UK and France and the freedom to move between Yorkshire and Lancashire?

Different countries rather than movement within the same country. I would have thought you would've known Yorkshire and Lancashire were in the same country?

5 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

The point is that the EU didn't stop us, EU rules don't and never stopped us.  We chose not to stop it, and then you fell for it when politicians told you it was the EU's fault.

The basic "free movement of people" is always there though.

5 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Why?

What's the difference between me leaving my living to go to my bathroom, and me leaving my living room to go and use your bathroom??

Are you actually for real or what?

Edited by Hots on

4 minutes ago, Hots on said:

The basic "free movement of people" is always there though.

What's the difference between me leaving my living to go to my bathroom, and me leaving my living room to go and use your bathroom??

Are you actually for real or what?

You can't answer the question can you.

3 hours ago, woodview said:

Ez8004, do you speak to people like this in real life, or just on the internet?

I think your attitude to other posters stinks.

Why not try to have a sensible discussion, and act like the educated person you make out to be, instead of a petulant spoilt child?

Well said, and I agree with you.

Edited by hauxwell

6 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Different countries rather than movement within the same country. I would have thought you would've known Yorkshire and Lancashire were in the same country?

What's the actual difference.  We all know that they're different countries, but so what.  What's the difference between free movement at different scales.  How does the scale of the unit you define (ie city, county, country, continent) make any difference?  What's the practical problem of allowing free movement between the UK and France that isn't a problem when it's between Hampshire and Berkshire?

3 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

You can't answer the question can you.

To a normal person, moving around within the borders of a country is not the same as moving from one country to another.

You may have psychologically done away with national borders, but they haven't gone away in reality...yet.

• Vaati locked this topic