Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

20 minutes ago, Magilla said:

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Remainers-so-convinced-that-staying-in-the-European-Union-is-what-is-best-for-the-UK/answer/Barry-McGuinness-1?ch=1&share=a9239dc8&srid=Xgni&fbclid=IwAR3q8mAcl9Xn6GA9wfAyOcYM6n5UeP8N1I0dF28dkgSo-rlP-xOE6ttjpvA

• Brexit is essentially a coup pulled off at the behest of tax-dodging corporations and misanthropic investors.
  • Their only concern for ‘taking back control’ is to rid their own businesses of EU tax laws, financial regulations and employee rights.
  • They have been systematically misleading the British public to hate the EU through a constant supply of anti-EU propaganda and lies.
  • They are sponsoring their friends and collaborators in the Conservative Party to bring about a no-deal Brexit.
  • They are on course to instigate social and economic changes that will turn the UK (or what’s left of it) into an enormous cash cow for their own self-interest.
  • They are abusing democracy to create a plutocracy.

indeed, and STILL the thickies at the bottom who are obsessed with the EU being "bad" cant see they are being used, and will be abused and left out to rot while the rich get richer.

1 hour ago, retep said:

So come on what's her alternative if she doesn't keep her oath?

In a Parliamentary monarchy, I really don't see why you should hold your monarch to different, higher standards, than your elected representatives, collectively depositors of the realm's sovereignty, nor than your top level of government, composed of a subset of such elected representatives.

What is sauce for Johnson, Gove, Sajid, Pritty, Francois, Rees-Mogg, Hoey, Corbyn & Co, is sauce for Lizzie: no alternative required whatsoever :lol:

Edited by L00b

57 minutes ago, ads36 said:

I don't know about 'next', but leaving the EU is going be a massive kick in the nuts to science, research, and development.

Indeed...

When there are bread and milk shortages.. I expect the supermarkets will be innundated with people shouting "will of the people" :hihi:

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Radio 4 today introduced the possibility that there will be food rationing after no deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47470864

Lots of sentences I the report above containing a lot of 'Mights'; 'Maybes'; `Possibles' & `Could be's'? 

Still I'm sure that I'll still be able to buy my Pink Himalayan  salt to sprinkle on my Columbian quinoa, while sipping my Argentine Malbec. 

Failing that I'll eat British seasonal food. 

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47470864

Lots of sentences I the report above containing a lot of 'Mights'; 'Maybes'; `Possibles' & `Could be's'? 

Still I'm sure that I'll still be able to buy my Pink Himalayan  salt to sprinkle on my Columbian quinoa, while sipping my Argentine Malbec. 

Failing that I'll eat British seasonal food. 

This is coming from the government

1 hour ago, L00b said:

In a Parliamentary monarchy, I really don't see why you should hold your monarch to different, higher standards, than your elected representatives, collectively depositors of the realm's sovereignty, nor than your top level of government, composed of a subset of such elected representatives.

What is sauce for Johnson, Gove, Sajid, Pritty, Francois, Rees-Mogg, Hoey, Corbyn & Co, is sauce for Lizzie: no alternative required whatsoever :lol:

Perhaps because if there is no monarch there is no realm, you stick with Micron.