Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

None of the examples you give were exclusively white.

Yesterday's various leave protests were!

I hope you mentioned to this person your belief that the Leave protest was "exclusively white"?

4965.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Surprised that the moderator is still allowing this slanging match to carry on.

Brexit has nothing to do with colour for the vast majority of Brexiteers.

It's simply about political parties going back on their election manifesto once they have  secured their seats.

A bad time for democracy but a good time for those who just want to be offensive to the opposite side.

Both Labour and Tories should be ashamed

41 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Those who support our EU membership wish to maintain the status quo of the establishment elite screwing over the working class.

Sad.

But so very true.

so how does not having eu membership change that?

the leading voices on brexit all seem to be from the thatcherite and neo liberal wing of the party and it;s hard to see their deregulatory fervour as helping the working class. 

10 hours ago, hauxwell said:

If there is a registered Brexit Party at the next election that has the same general views as me I’ll vote for it.  

why?

a general election has to be on more than a single issue but on a vision for the future and a credible plan for delivering it.   

if you want a vote on brexit then start supporting a referendum on the current withdrawl agreement and/or one of the other possible alternatives. 

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 02:50, Lex Luthor said:

Both sides lied but one side got to use millions of public money in the process too.  

You are correct if course.  The EU has made itself a liar with it's 'we must respect the outcome of the referendum', along with the main parties. 

It is impossible "to respect the outcome of the referendum" because Brexit, as advertised by Leave, does not exist. Do you really think that if MPs could vote for a Brexit of the type Leave promised (basically a cake and eat it Brexit with all positives and no negatives) that they wouldn`t have voted for it months ago ? Might I suggest that if you really think they still wouldn`t have voted for that your mind must be closed. 

The Brexit I voted for was the Brexit as advertised in the government's  £9 million EU booklet - a full clean Brexit (leaving the single market, customs union, ECJ and no more money to the EU).

Let's do this!

Edited by Car Boot

6 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The Brexit I voted for was the Brexit as advertised in the government's  £9 million EU booklet - a full clean Brexit (leaving the single market, customs union, ECJ and no more money to the EU).

Let's do this!

do you want to end all our exports to the EU?

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Brexit has nothing to do with colour for the vast majority of Brexiteers.

That is exactly the point that I am making.

The people who protested in Parliament Square on Friday do not represent the vast majority of Brexit supporters but a very narrow strand of white nationalism.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Let's do this!

Do Russian bots get to vote in U.K. elections?

Explain how that works