Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

2 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Wake up call!! they will survive, the poor wont, they are the ones who will suffer, do you not see that at all?

Ah, its think of the poor now when nobody could give a toss about them before! Are you one of them (the poor) or are you like the many remainers on here that are well off and just state the poor will suffer most  as part of their spin?

8 hours ago, L00b said:

Well, in the great game of "who's influencing Brexit for the British" , I'll see your two British pariahs, and I'll raise you foreign fascists like Salvini, Orban and Kaczynski.

You ready to call yet, or should we raise the stakes some more? ;)

Did any of those lead their countries in an illegal war? 

10 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Tell that to those struggling to feed their families. Also explain to them why rises in GDP have absolutely no improvement for the poorest's  standard of living.

Those failures are the responsibility of successive U.K. governments, not the EU.

Leaving the EU won’t fix the problems.

Leaving the EU will make the problems worse.

6 hours ago, apelike said:

Ah, its think of the poor now when nobody could give a toss about them before! Are you one of them (the poor) or are you like the many remainers on here that are well off and just state the poor will suffer most  as part of their spin?

It’s not spin. The poor will suffer most.

And it’s down to people who hold views like yours.

You can explain later I guess. If you’re not hiding from them

Edited by I1L2T3

4 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Did any of those lead their countries in an illegal war? 

I'm sorry, did you have a point about Brexit, "regaining control" and/or "foreign influence on British politics"  in there somewhere?

Because for all your  whattaboutery, that's what we're talking about here, and I'm not really seeing where Blair's middle eastern adventurism fits in.

Unless you wanted to make a point about US influence, Messrs Bush Junior & Cheney's influence to be precise, on British politics of the time, of course :twisted:

So, from your last 2 attempts at deflection, clearly you seem happy enough with Brexiters doing deals with foreign fascists so long as it helps deliver Brexit. Glad we eventually cleared that up.

11 days, by the way. Are you chilling champagne ready? 'Cos I am.

Edited by L00b

9 hours ago, Dardandec said:

It's better than the one we are going to end up with.

You voted to leave the EU because you fail at life and want anybody that's successful to suffer too.

You do realise that, yes?

Wake up call!! they will survive, the poor wont, they are the ones who will suffer, do you not see that at all?

I voted Leave to give the UK poor a pay rise, not a pay rise for Goldman Sachs as Remainers did.

So if we Leave the EU the poor won't survive?  I was unaware that the survival of the UK poor was entirely dependent upon our membership of the EU rich mans club! Remainers should have put it on a bus:  "Keep the poor alive. Vote Remain." 

"We thank our EU master's for keeping the poor alive."

The UK poor pay extra for food, clothing and footwear because of EU customs union membership. You do realise that, yes?

I know that getting used to the UK being a liberated country will take some getting used to, but there is nothing really to be frightened of. 

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

I voted Leave to give the UK poor a pay rise, not a pay rise for Goldman Sachs as Remainers did.

So if we Leave the EU the poor won't survive?  I was unaware that the survival of the UK poor was entirely dependent upon our membership of the EU rich mans club! Remainers should have put it on a bus:  "Keep the poor alive. Vote Remain." 

"We thank our EU master's for keeping the poor alive."

The UK poor pay extra for food, clothing and footwear because of EU customs union membership. You do realise that, yes?

I know that getting used to the UK being a liberated country will take some getting used to, but there is nothing really to be frightened of. 

How do the poor get a pay rise?

What IF the economy tanks? the pound has already dropped since the referendum, what if it drops again? firms are moving or closing what if the poor lose their jobs? what if theres not enough to pay welfare at the same level, what will the poor do then?

project fear i know, but still possible, and i include myself in the "poor" hence why i dont want a hit on the economy as im only just getting by as is.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

I'm sorry, did you have a point about Brexit, "regaining control" and/or "foreign influence on British politics"  in there somewhere?

Because for all your  whattaboutery, that's what we're talking about here, and I'm not really seeing where Blair's middle eastern adventurism fits in.

Unless you wanted to make a point about US influence, Messrs Bush Junior & Cheney's influence to be precise, on British politics of the time, of course :twisted:

So, from your last 2 attempts at deflection, clearly you seem happy enough with Brexiters doing deals with foreign fascists so long as it helps deliver Brexit. Glad we eventually cleared that up.

11 days, by the way. Are you chilling champagne ready? 'Cos I am.

The point I am making is that you can't get much worse a bedfellow than Blair or Cameron.

Which Brexiters are doing deals with "foreign fascists"? 

Edited by Lex Luthor

Just now, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Lots of talk here about the Poor getting even Poorer after Brexit.

Any one able to quantify the meaning of been Poor in today's benefits society.

Any one able to quantify the meaning of been even Poorer after Brexit.

Angel1.

Well if prices go up (as the pound keeps dropping, that's a given) and wages don't, or you lose your job because you company has moved abroad, you'll be poorer.

58 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

The point I am making is that you can't get much worse a bedfellow than Blair or Cameron.

You certainly can: all those I listed on my earlier post.

Unlike Blair and Cameron, they are actual fascists. And very open about it.

58 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Which Brexiters are doing deals with "foreign fascists"? 

The usual suspects: Farage, Banks, Wigmore, plus unnamed Tory MPs (ERG members, without a shadow of a doubt). [late EDIT: two of those were IDS and Paterson, named in the linked article].

Show me who your friends are, I'll tell you who you are.

Edited by L00b