Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

10 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Nowt new there . According to some reports , half of London is owned by Russian  oligarchs

Well according to Car Boot it is news. He says that the UK is, post-brexit, going to be the honeypot to which the plutocrats businesses all flock, once it is no longer under the european jackboot of protected workers rights, health and safety regulation, food safety regulation and pesky data disclosure laws.

I see the EU are not too happy with Britain:

'Their first decision was to go on holiday':

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/their-first-decision-was-to-go-on-holiday-eu-fears-uk-will-waste-brexit-delay/ar-BBVZ19q?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=iehp

I know MPs are tired, but I can see Verhofstadt's point.  

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I see the EU are not too happy with Britain:

'Their first decision was to go on holiday':

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/their-first-decision-was-to-go-on-holiday-eu-fears-uk-will-waste-brexit-delay/ar-BBVZ19q?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=iehp

I know MPs are tired, but I can see Verhofstadt's point.  

Got to say, I agree with both of you 

6 hours ago, Phanerothyme said:

Well according to Car Boot it is news. He says that the UK is, post-brexit, going to be the honeypot to which the plutocrats businesses all flock, once it is no longer under the european jackboot of protected workers rights, health and safety regulation, food safety regulation and pesky data disclosure laws.

Britain found to be top destination for foreign investment despite Brexit as companies prepare for change.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2019-04-15/uk-found-to-be-hottest-investment-destination-despite-brexit

Have the Remainers been correct about anything? FDI was supposed to decline massively if we voted to Leave. 

Edited by Car Boot

I thought the economic shock we were warned would happen for voting to Leave might have actually happened by now, nearly three years later? Why haven't over 500,000 jobs been lost? 

"A vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession and lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000." George Osbourne, Remainer Chancellor.

I guess the economic benefits of our EU membership have been massively exaggerated.

Edited by Car Boot

19 minutes ago, geared said:

Have you got anymore recent quotes??  Like from someone who is even still an MP?

“75% of Members of Parliament do not want to leave the EU. We have a totally remain Parliament.” 

Kate Hoey MP.

The EU has had over 45 years to make our membership work for the people. But it hasn't. Our membership hasn't spread wealth or stopped wars. The EU is a failure for the majority of people. Let's Leave it behind in the dustbin of history.

44 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

“75% of Members of Parliament do not want to leave the EU. We have a totally remain Parliament.” 

Kate Hoey MP.

The EU has had over 45 years to make our membership work for the people. But it hasn't. Our membership hasn't spread wealth or stopped wars. The EU is a failure for the majority of people. Let's Leave it behind in the dustbin of history.

Kate Hoey is a raving unionist fruitcake

53 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The EU has been a great benefit on the whole.