Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

The EU has now made the military sector a priority for EU funding that will also subsidise the international arms industry. The EU Defence Fund diverts human and financial resources from civilian priorities to military objectives.

So much for the EU being a 'peace project'.

If Europe is ever going to escape the thrall of the United States it needs to pool together politically, economically and militarily. Britain should be in spearheading it.

Love the way Car Boot appears to be arguing with him/her self.

Always thought his/her posts were either rabid left wing or right wing (although some say that if you go too extreme you come out the other end anyway...)

As a left winger CB seems to engender rightwing totalitarian tendencies especially about the restriction of the rights of workers to move freely.

But that's what freedom of expression is all about - oh hold on, he/she seems to be against the right of the electorate to change their minds...

Now I am confused... "I want freedom of expression, but won't allow the electorate to have it"

I also love the interpretation of a phrase which include the word "Defence" to mean "weapons of war" - surely yet another example of junk from the trunk...

43 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

There is a bit of a giveaway word in there carboot, have you guessed what it is yet?

Think he needs to read up on recent world events and whos friends with who and who might be enemies with who and what can happen :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Dardandec said:

There is a bit of a giveaway word in there carboot, have you guessed what it is yet?

Is it the word 'defence'?

Do you honestly believe that including this word in its title somehow means that EU military research into creating weapons designed to kill human beings is nothing to do with militarism, arms sales and warfare? It is offensive capabilities that the EU is funding, not defensive.

I guess that the EDF will be a peace project in a similar way to other paramilitary projects and organisations that also include the word 'defence' in their title. Such as the peaceful Israeli DEFENCE Force with its assassinations of civilians, women and children. Or the peaceful Ulster DEFENCE Association with its assassinations of civilians, women and children.

Edited by Car Boot

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Love the way Car Boot appears to be arguing with him/her self.

Always thought his/her posts were either rabid left wing or right wing (although some say that if you go too extreme you come out the other end anyway...)

As a left winger CB seems to engender rightwing totalitarian tendencies especially about the restriction of the rights of workers to move freely.

But that's what freedom of expression is all about - oh hold on, he/she seems to be against the right of the electorate to change their minds...

Now I am confused... "I want freedom of expression, but won't allow the electorate to have it"

I also love the interpretation of a phrase which include the word "Defence" to mean "weapons of war" - surely yet another example of junk from the trunk...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/19/eu-13bn-defence-fund-arms-companies

Perhaps you could explain why 'The Guardian' interprets the EDF as the development of "cutting edge weapons and military technology"?

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

love the interpretation of a phrase which include the word "Defence" to mean "weapons of war" - surely yet another example of junk from the trunk...

The EU Defence Fund supports the research and development of new or 'enhanced' weapons and military technology - and goes to weapons manufacturers and civilian contractors working in the arms industry. 

When is a weapon of war NOT a weapon of war?

When a Remainer pretends that a military weapon designed by the EU project of peace to kill human beings is defensive, and not offensive.

2 hours ago, Yeah but said:

If Europe is ever going to escape the thrall of the United States it needs to pool together politically, economically and militarily. Britain should be in spearheading it.

Do you think the EU project of peace should go to war with the US?

2 hours ago, Dardandec said:

You don't believe that the EU, a so-called peace project, funding the development of the 'next generation' of ground-based precision strike capabilities, ground combat capabilities, air combat capabilities and future naval strike systems is more than a little disturbing?

I guess you believe that War is Peace.

12 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

You don't believe that the EU, a so-called peace project, funding the development of the 'next generation' of ground-based precision strike capabilities, ground combat capabilities, air combat capabilities and future naval strike systems is more than a little disturbing?

I guess you believe that War is Peace.

I believe every country/union has the right to defend itself and they aren't going to achieve that with bows and arrows. Do you believe they would use it for the wrong reasons?