Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Or as Will Self would put it more correctly, "all Gammon faced old white men going blotchy when infuriated voted Brexit, but not all Brexit voters were Gammon faced old white men going blotchy when infuriated." 😂

He seems a laugh a minute.

41 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Saturday will see yet another 'People's Vote' March (Put it to the People) in central London. Waitrose car parks have already been booked for coaches to pick up the middle class protesters. But who are the rich corporate elite who control the campaign?

"Meet the suits behind the 'People's Vote' campaign and 'Open Britain'.

HELEN FIELD reveals that despite calling for a 'people's vote', the corporate elite backing the leading anti-Brexit campaign are about as far away from 'the people' as you can get.

INFORMATION from Companies House reveals a rich elite that includes Tory, Lib Dem and right-wing Labour politicians, company directors, and chairmen of global corporations, are giving huge support to the so-called People’s Vote campaign to hold a second EU referendum in the hope of stopping Brexit."

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/meet-suits-behind-people’s-vote-campaign-and-open-britain

How many on Farage’s March today?

10 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

How many on Farage’s March today?

As numbers dwindle, those few remaining walkers will spend more and more time thinking of Farage, swanning about in Brussels sipping champagne and flying back and forth to London on a private jet paid for by Aaron Banks.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that it may be abandoned altogether and resurrected for the London bit at the end. As far as I can remember, the Countryside Alliance was the only right-wing organisation who could actually mobilise a respectable number of people.

2 hours ago, woodview said:

Are you implying the electric will be off in NI post no-deal, and there will be a noticeable operational effect on card payments?

I'm not implying anything: it's in black and white in HMG's own notice.

And hardly news: the stories about HMG planning barge-mounted gennys to maintain supply capacity in NI go back to last autumn.

I guess the issue got cognitive dissonance-suppressed as just more 'Project Fear', like everything else in the preparation notices, as usual.

Funny how these issues are all coming true one after the other, lately. As time goes on, I'm seeing less and less "let's just go out without a deal" posts and comments here and elsewher, so perhaps reality is dawning on some at last.

Pity it's taken so long, but well...you are where you are. On the ejector seat, armed and primed, with the trigger handle halfway pulled.

Edited by L00b

2 hours ago, lil-minx92 said:

Eh

Is the problem with sentence construction or with the words, or both?

I said it was complex, so that was the short and simple version without typing for an hour.

I will readily agree in advance, that it's dangerous to (over-)simplify complex issues. Just like the UK's membership of the EU, say ;)

Edited by L00b