Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

It was a shortening of your phrase that had 'because we're british' on the end,

We will be fine, yes. As I clearly said, a deal is the best option 

Ok, I take full personal responsibility for the poor negotiations.

But we won't be fine with a no deal. 

But do you think remainers rather sensible comments have had any bearing on these negotiations? I rather think not.

4 minutes ago, woodview said:

Ok, I take full personal responsibility for the poor negotiations.

What did you think would be achieved during negotiations? I'll bet my last quid the deal we were offered was written on the 24th June 2016 with maybe a few small alterations if need be.

You Brexiteers were w****d mate, the lot of you.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

But we won't be fine with a no deal. 

But do you think remainers rather sensible comments have had any bearing on these negotiations? I rather think not.

No deal is the worse option, ive said that already. Its the same , though, what is not fine? Things being not as favourable as the other option doesn't mean not fine.

My post referred to Ardent remainers, who have made the negotiating position worse.

As can be seen in the last few posts here, some are like jackals waiting to lash at anybody with a differing view to themselves. That doesn't hold for most remain voters.

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

On a lighter note, the French Europe Minister has called her cat Brexit because it keeps whining at the door to get out but every time she open's the door it won't leave! 😂

Her other cat, Remain has told it the birds and mice will eat it if it goes outside.

Just now, Dardandec said:

Oh come on then i'll bite, How have we done that?

I dont think 'you' have done anything to influence it. You have no influence over anything that's happened.

7 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

You Brexiteers were w****d mate, the lot of you.

Eh? 

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

My post referred to Ardent remainers, who have made the negotiating position worse.

You really have no idea about the reality of these negotiations, have you?

The moment we triggered Article 50 we were screwed. This is not opinion it it the economic reality of being tied to the single market for 40 years. The EU negotiators knew we were screwed and neither knew nor cared what remainers, ardent or otherwise did or didn't think. If the UK wanted to continue to trade with the EU it would be completely on their terms.

As I have often said, a truly honest Eurosceptic with a genuine interest in the UK's economic welfare would have said "I think we should leave the EU but accept that it will take 10-15 years to do it properly (some form of phased withdrawl)

These clowns we see being interviewed on the television every day saying "We've had a whole two years to get out. Why aren't we out?" really have no idea how the real world works.

Just now, Dardandec said:

But you just said ardent remainers have made the negotiating position worse. Are you now saying they haven't?

In government, press etc

People outside of that, whether a leave voter or remain have no influence on the process . How can they have?

As we enter the period of brexitentialism (the period between virtual brexit and actual brexit/remaining) we can reflect.

Has any harm been done to the UK in this period since June 2016?

I can't wait for the unicorn and pixie dust era to emerge when the magic money tree will be shaken and £350M a week will fall out despite all the companies that will no longer pay as much tax to the UK exchequer.

Roll on the good times...

Or is that the good time when brexit is put to another referendum and forcefully rejected by the UK electorate? Or won't the brexit camp allow democracy prevail?