Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

10 minutes ago, Magilla said:

US says 'no free trade deal with UK unless digital tax scrapped'

The problem the UK will find with any new trade deal, is that our negotiating position will be as weak, if not weaker, than our negotiating position was with the EU over the withdrawal agreement.

Future trading partners aren’t stupid. Yes, they do want to trade with us, but they also see how desperate we are to replace deals done through the EU and will naturally take advantage of that.

We leave without a deal and we are going to be royally rinsed by pretty much everyone we approach for a deal particularly with the US.

Can anyone explain to me why a trade deal with an administration which goes under the slogan ‘America First’ is going to do us any favours at all? 😡

16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The problem the UK will find with any new trade deal, is that our negotiating position will be as weak, if not weaker, than our negotiating position was with the EU over the withdrawal agreement.

Future trading partners aren’t stupid. Yes, they do want to trade with us, but they also see how desperate we are to replace deals done through the EU and will naturally take advantage of that.

We leave without a deal and we are going to be royally rinsed by pretty much everyone we approach for a deal particularly with the US.

Can anyone explain to me why a trade deal with an administration which goes under the slogan ‘America First’ is going to do us any favours at all? 😡

Exactly, we're the ones leaving our previous deals so will be desperate for new deals. NOT the other countries

36 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Brexiters seem to be available in decreasing numbers to rebut all this. Not just here but twitter too.

Loads will be in Skegvegas this time of year - not sure if t'interweb has reached there yet.

9 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Loads will be in Skegvegas this time of year - not sure if t'interweb has reached there yet.

The internet in Skeggy is totally used by Poles and Roma. There’s no bandwidth left for indigenous people to stoke up their racist fantasies.

The sooner we take back control of our Broadband, the better imo😀

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

The internet in Skeggy is totally used by Poles and Roma. There’s no bandwidth left for indigenous people to stoke up their racist fantasies.

The sooner we take back control of our Broadband, the better imo😀

Carrier pigeons, semaphore and smoke signals last time I was in Skeggy 😎

51 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Brexiters seem to be available in decreasing numbers to rebut all this. Not just here but twitter too.

That's because "project fear" is finally sinking in as project reality. They will be practising their "I voted remain"  body language in the mirror as we speak. Bring it on, no deal the noobs, I've been good to go for ages now. Even Labour government proofed myself. :)

Laugh and joke as they may,

Eurozone panic: Brexit, Boris and Trump cause chaos for EU growth

BREXIT and international trade disputes have butchered the EU economy, which has grown by just half of what it had done the previous quarter, new figures indicate.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1160287/brexit-latest-eurozone-GDP-france-geramny-mario-draghi-boris-johnson-donald-trump