Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

48 minutes ago, retep said:

Laugh and joke as they may,

Eurozone panic: Brexit, Boris and Trump cause chaos for EU growth

BREXIT and international trade disputes have butchered the EU economy, which has grown by just half of what it had done the previous quarter, new figures indicate.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1160287/brexit-latest-eurozone-GDP-france-geramny-mario-draghi-boris-johnson-donald-trump

"Spain did better at 0.5 percent, statistic office Eurostat announced today.
It was expected the eurozone would record a 0.4 percent growth as it did the previous quarter.

Meanwhile Britain’s was recorded at 0.3 percent."

:?

50 minutes ago, retep said:

BREXIT and international trade disputes have butchered the EU economy, which has grown by just half of what it had done the previous quarter, new figures indicate.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1160287/brexit-latest-eurozone-GDP-france-geramny-mario-draghi-boris-johnson-donald-trump

Why is that a good thing?

51 minutes ago, retep said:

whatever they do..we will do worse? and a im english i prefer to look at what we will do , not them?

3 minutes ago, retep said:

Just deserts.

How very grown up of you.

However, the European economy tanking will do nothing to help the UK.

As our economy tanks, I think we should systematically cut the old age pension, given that most Brexiters are also OAPs.

8 hours ago, Pettytom said:

How very grown up of you.

However, the European economy tanking will do nothing to help the UK.

As our economy tanks, I think we should systematically cut the old age pension, given that most Brexiters are also OAPs.

You'll get here if you're lucky, then what?

8 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Eating garlic and being better with girls than backwards Peter ever was.

I'm sure the girls will enjoy your garlic breath.

On 04/08/2019 at 00:12, Dardandec said:

That's because "project fear" is finally sinking in as project reality. They will be practising their "I voted remain"  body language in the mirror as we speak. Bring it on, no deal the noobs, I've been good to go for ages now. Even Labour government proofed myself. :)

No it will be "Not what I voted for" to attempt to distance themselves from the fallout.

4 hours ago, geared said:

No it will be "Not what I voted for" to attempt to distance themselves from the fallout.

Far too late by then, they'll be eating that fallout just the same.

And that fallout is already here: some international firms have today started to refuse getting paid in £s. UK debtors caught by the measure and having to convert into $ or € have just seen their balance owing increase by double-digit %. Crispin Odey, backer of Farage and Johnson, must be on to something when he's shorting UK plc (betting on UK companies making substantial losses) to the tune of £300m.

The EU27 got briefed today, it's official: Johnson's government has zero intention to negotiate.

Hard no deal Brexit it is, then. Bring it :twisted:

(for the avoidance of doubt, there's no such thing as a 'managed no deal': the only 'managing' there is, is what bits and bobs the EU27 are keeping for themselves short-term, to help their own no deal contingencies...and can whip away at the drop of a hat: zero control by the UK there, regained or otherwise.