Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

19 minutes ago, convert said:

Well it looks like (according to a recent poll), that 54% of people (who expressed an opinion other than 'don't know') support the suspension of Parliament, to get Brexit over and done with.

https://www.comresglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/The-Telegraph_August-2019-Tables.pdf

Page 87 for those interested.

Only it's not 54%. If you read it and see the actual results it's 44% but they've ignored the 19% of "don't knows" from their OWN survey to tilt the headlines to make it look like the country wants to give up their own democracy.

Fake news indeed.

20 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

It's dominated by a handful of unemployed remoaners with too much time on their hands.

They  will all tell you they work for a living but it's fairly obvious with the time they spend on here that they don't.

Its ironic that most of the ones with time on their hands are also usually bleating on about austerity, food banks and universal credit etc, as usual with the losers they always want somebody else to pay for their lifestyle instead of getting out there and working for a living.

Liar.

28 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

It's dominated by a handful of unemployed remoaners with too much time on their hands.

They  will all tell you they work for a living but it's fairly obvious with the time they spend on here that they don't.

Its ironic that most of the ones with time on their hands are also usually bleating on about austerity, food banks and universal credit etc, as usual with the losers they always want somebody else to pay for their lifestyle instead of getting out there and working for a living.

Do you actually have anything to add to the debate, or are you just here to trial your next letter to the Daily Express?

21 minutes ago, L00b said:

I take it that you are already familiar with how severely distorted and misrepresentative that reporting by the Telegraph is, and that you posted it out of facetiousness?

If not, might I suggest some reflection about what this body of people are really asking for, and could I trouble you for a debating position on the topic?

I'm familiar with the fact that most media sources have a bias, one way or another.

I'm also familiar with the treasaury impct analysis from 2016, that stated we would lose between 3.6 and 6.0% of GDP in the 2 years following a Leave vote. GDP actually rose in those 2 years.

I tend to take all forecasts and polls with a pinch of salt. 

13 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Only it's not 54%. If you read it and see the actual results it's 44% but they've ignored the 19% of "don't knows" from their OWN survey to tilt the headlines to make it look like the country wants to give up their own democracy.

Just like the referendum ignored that ones that couldn't be bothered to vote in 2016.

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Do you actually have anything to add to the debate, or are you just here to trial your next letter to the Daily Express?

Fortunately, I don't need your permission to post on here.

Also,  I don't send letters to any newspaper, or use any other source of social media, despite being retired after working for 50 years I haven't got the time for other than the occasional visit on here.

11 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

I expected the personal abuse from the unemployed remoaners, but never mind , I couldn't care less about their opinion.

Are you typing through those tears?

So brave.

#prayforgomgeg

2 minutes ago, crunge said:

I feel this thread ought to have a more neutral title; "consequences" has a negative connotation .

Ooo, do you have some positives?

AWESOME.

1 minute ago, gomgeg said:

Fortunately, I don't need your permission to post on here.

Also,  I don't send letters to any newspaper, or use any other source of social media, despite being retired after working for 50 years I haven't got the time for other than the occasional visit on here.

I didn’t say that you needed my permission. I simply asked you if you had anything to add to the discussion.

Answering a different question to the one you’ve been asked is the act of a charlatan.

13 minutes ago, convert said:

I'm familiar with the fact that most media sources have a bias, one way or another.

I'm also familiar with the treasaury impct analysis from 2016, that stated we would lose between 3.6 and 6.0% of GDP in the 2 years following a Leave vote. GDP actually rose in those 2 years.

I tend to take all forecasts and polls with a pinch of salt. 

Just like the referendum ignored that ones that couldn't be bothered to vote in 2016.

A measured response, but dodging the issue: do you have an opinion about proroguing Parliament to get Brexit through (assuming Johnson isn't bluffing) , or about the 44%|54% who approve of the notion?

(we can keep Carney's massive QE effort in the week that followed the 2016 ref and it's effect on UK plc for another time, I'm assuming you're also familiar with that one?)

Edited by L00b

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

This thread was started before I joined, but I assume that it was spawned out of a million different Brexit threads which were culled to a more manageable hand full of specific threads, this one being specifically about the consequences. 

Its been basically, a dozen or so Posters with several thousand posts each.