Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

There will be no EU to rejoin 12 months after we depart. The  EU is bust now, without our 12 billion payment. it will sink like a stone.

What reality do you live in? Our financial commitment to the Brussels is only a fraction of their overall budget and hardly a game changer. 

And even a quick glance at today’s news will show you an EU that has never been more strong and united. We, on the other hand are hopelessly divided, led by a complete buffoon and seem to have completely abandoned any concept of what is good for the nation, instead willingly handing over our interests to a small handful of corrupt businessmen who now seem to be pulling all the strings.

I can guarantee you that the EU will still be here long after the UK has disintegrated, and a rump England and Wales has fallen out of the world’s top ten economies.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

There will be no EU to rejoin 12 months after we depart. The  EU is bust now, without our 12 billion payment. it will sink like a stone.

Here is the reason why, latest figures I can find published May 2019, but relate to year 2017.

Net contributors, listed by amounts paid to the EU. 

Germany

UK

France

Italy

Netherlands

Sweden

Austria

Denmark

Ireland

Finland

Net recipients, listed by amounts received from the EU.

Cyprus

Spain

Malta

Slovenia

Croatia

Estonia

Latvia

Slovakia

Lithuania

Bulgaria

Luxembourg

Belgium

Czech Republic

Portugal

Hungary

Romania

Greece

Poland

So 10 Countries actually make a net contribution into the EU, but 18 receive more than they pay in.  Economics of a madman.

Angel1.

The graph you're missing:

zCJQf7z.jpg

From the 2017 budget, a BBC Report

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

There will be no

Oh look hes back.

Are you going to answer the question I posed about medical supplies then? Or just try and ignore it?

2 hours ago, L00b said:

:shocked:

Where does one even begin with this post?

With ridicule...?

4 hours ago, L00b said:

:shocked:

Where does one even begin with this post?

How long is it since you went to school, and did they teach you maths at all? (clearly not economics, so not even going to ask about that subject; never mind redistributive ones and their core function within the EU project). 

Come on, own up: did you lift this from Facebook or some other social media source?

@whiteowl: IT seems to be permanently overheating here in Lux, esp. Fintech/Regtech & cybersec. They're having to scout some pretty exotic locales for (obviously, good-) programmers and build them gold bridges these days.

See post 4937.

Angel1.

2 hours ago, Obelix said:

Oh look hes back.

Are you going to answer the question I posed about medical supplies then? Or just try and ignore it?

With ridicule...?

Thought I had answered that several posts ago, maybe your eyes were full of tears at the thought of your beloved EU sinking like a stone, and you missed my reply's.

Angel1.

11 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Tell me again EU lovers, how much is Greece in debt to your beloved corrupt EU.  Come on fess up.

Angel1.

how much do you want our economy destroyed and us in debt due to the lies and mistruths youve sucked up?

2 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Channel 4 News boss says media have right to call politicians 'liars':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49432821

...and she's right... I think Peston has been saying the same for some time... hopefully this will go into practice.

Totally agree. If they’re  lying, they’re lying. Let’s not tip toe round it anymore. They can’t keep taking the **** and getting away with it.

31 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Channel 4 News boss says media have right to call politicians 'liars':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49432821

...and she's right... I think Peston has been saying the same for some time... hopefully this will go into practice.

This is long overdue.

The BBC behaved shamefully during the 2016 referendum campaign by repeatedly allowing  Leave campaigners including several government ministers, to lie in interviews and justified it by challenging the lies would be showing bias and therefore in breach of their charter.

The BBC really is unfit for purpose in the modern world. 😡