Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

15 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

The EU isn't corrupt billy liar.

Stop lying.

So how much does Greece owe the EU, the lack of a response means one thing, you dare not answer it for fear of looking silly to your fellow EU worshipers. 

As you cannot or will not answer the question, I will help you along a little, very kind of me I know.

In eight years of bailout programs, Greece has received 241.6 billion euros ($281.92 billion). This has caused Greek debt to rise and it needs to be repaid at some stage. Greece's public debt stands currently at about 180 percent of debt-to-GDP, as of the 25June 2018. "

And you have the temerity to call me a liar when I say your beloved EU is corrupt. A fully functioning, correctly audited entity would never have been allowed to "loan" another entity such an amount that it cannot ever pay back.  Greece is bust, bankrupt skint, and our money 12 billion per year paid to the corrupt EU is helping prop Greece up. We can spend that brass at home on better things. 

Angel1

9 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

So how much does Greece owe the EU, the lack of a response means one thing, you dare not answer it for fear of looking silly to your fellow EU worshipers. 

As you cannot or will not answer the question, I will help you along a little, very kind of me I know.

It was answered :?

In eight years of bailout programs, Greece has received 241.6 billion euros ($281.92 billion). This has caused Greek debt to rise and it needs to be repaid at some stage.

So... a fraction of that of the UK :?

Greece's public debt stands currently at about 180 percent of debt-to-GDP, as of the 25June 2018."

And their economy has grown to the tune of €100bn in 2018 as a result of not going bust.

And you have the temerity to call me a liar when I say your beloved EU is corrupt.

You just lied by trying to claim no-one answered your post :?

A fully functioning, correctly audited entity would never have been allowed to "loan" another entity such an amount that it cannot ever pay back. Greece is bust, bankrupt skint, and our money 12 billion per year paid to the corrupt EU is helping prop Greece up. We can spend that brass at home on better things. 

So what would you have done? Let Greece go bust and leave people to die of illness and starvation in the streets?

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Greece owes the troika (the IMF, the Eurogroup, the ECB), not "the EU". The Eurogroup is made up of the Eurozone countries.

However much it owes is completely irrelevant to the UK and Brexit. Unless you want to start talking about how much the UK owes the EU? £39bn was the last figure talked about.

EU member states and/or institutions lending, for bailing out or otherwise, to an EU member state does not make "the EU" corrupt, any more than the UK lending to Ireland in 2008 for bailing it out made the UK corrupt.

You can retract your lies, and perhaps inject a bit of fact-checking and critical thinking into your posts, whenever you feel like. In the meantime, we'll be calling your dog whistling for what it is.

Edited by L00b

4 hours ago, retep said:

This has been happening for years, plus all the toxic waste at Shirecliffe, no need to put it on the side of a bus.

But magnifying the problem due to voting stupidity is an unexpected possible consequence, suck it up