Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

At present no one know what will happen:

does Mays deal get through next time?

do we not get an extention and bag out?

do we get a short extention?

do we get a long extention? with EU eclection, the EU should be worried about this as i guess we would get a lot of brexit candidates elected

is brexit revoked ?

Edited by phil752

27 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

If the Tory's drive us to destruction, they are finished. Talking about democracy (ish), Funnily enough there isn't a big boat out there called Boaty mcboatface. ;)

you could say the same about labour, they are in the majority of seats that wanted to leave

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not necessarily.

Well.. unless something drastic happens then we will and the EU know that as well. 

Probably by a long extension (maybe up to two years) by which time it will be much harder for anyone to argue that a discredited referendum 5 years ago should still be holding the country to ransom.

That is not a probable at all as I'm sure the EU want this all put to bed, the quicker the better for all. This referendum is only discredited by the remoaners who want to stay in and that is still around the same level as when it took place. They have achieved nothing by constantly moaning and trying to discredit the democratic action that took place and yet still hope that it will all be cancelled in their favour. It is really amusing to watch the MP's in parliament squirm from their own incompetence. They have caused this mess and will suffer the consequences of not pulling it off whether it be a hard brexit or a deal and the only reason they may want an extension is so that they dont have to take the blame just yet.

Edited by apelike

6 minutes ago, apelike said:

Well.. unless something drastic happens then we will and the EU know that as well. 

That is not a probable at all as I'm sure the EU want this all put to bed, the quicker the better for all. This referendum is only discredited by the remoaners who want to stay in and that is still around the same level as when it took place. They have achieved nothing by constantly moaning and trying to discredit the democratic action that took place and yet still hope that it will all be cancelled in their favour. It is really amusing to watch the MP's in parliament squirm from their own incompetence. They have caused this mess and will suffer the consequences of not pulling it off whether it be a hard brexit or a deal and the only reason they may want an extension is so that they dont have to take the blame just yet.

The referendum is discredited not by the remainers, but by the brexiteers who, having realised the lies they fell for, are afriad to let the electorate actually have a vote to express their opinions now the truth is exposed. The lastest polls suggest the vote would go the other way but won't let democracy have its say.

Their lies are getting exposed daily, but in a Trump-like manner they ignore them or shout "Project Fear".

Mrs May isn't helping with her stance - "I can have 3 votes, but you can only have one"!

Edited by Litotes
spellink

4 minutes ago, phil752 said:

you could say the same about labour, they are in the majority of seats that wanted to leave

labour destroyed themselves years ago. Working class people, the very  people who Labour supposedly support got used to the fact they were actually the cash cows for labour's tax and spend policies. Do you not ever pick up on the impossible pledges Labour have in their manifestos during general election times? Dead in the water mate, if they did blag their way in, trust me, it would be the working class who would be worse off. But i guess this is all another thread. ;)