Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

3 hours ago, Obelix said:

Are we going to have answers to...

" It's been ruled as unsafe and not democratic for ages. Why do you persist in this fiction? "

Maybe its because you do! Perhaps you could tell us the sources for the above quote and then we can tell where the fiction is?

Edited by Dromedary

2 hours ago, Litotes said:

The 2016 referendum was not safe and fair, both sides told lies, one side was illegally funded...

Sorry but this is also fictitious. It was safe and fair as far as the law is concerned. Both sides did tell lies but one side was not illegally funded but broke electoral law by making illegal overspending which is a different matter.

Edited by Dromedary

As for democracy, it now seems Downing street are trying to silence those that oppose Brexit, sounds more like a dictaorship than democracy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49473497

Earlier in the day, No 10 said the EU should not listen to the "very wrong messages" from MPs who want to stop Brexit.

silencing opponants is NOT democracy

31 minutes ago, melthebell said:

As for democracy, it now seems Downing street are trying to silence those that oppose Brexit, sounds more like a dictaorship than democracy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49473497

silencing opponants is NOT democracy

I agree, now show me where in the above it states that he is silencing MP's? Seems like another piece of made up fiction by you.

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

That  allegation is comedy gold  coming from the poster, who has to twist the democratic EU referendum result figures and counts votes from people who never voted for whatever reasons to argue that Leave didn't win.

Nobody won.

One side got 36%, the other got 35%. The day before, it was dead level and too close to call and the day after, it went in Remain’s favour.

Trying to claim some kind of democratic mandate for this mess makes you just look desperate and lacking in any credible argument. 😯

3 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

I agree, now show me where in the above it states that he is silencing MP's? Seems like another piece of made up fiction by you.

Boris isn’t silencing MPs, I agree.

He is merely taking legal advice about the best way to silence MPs.

Are you ok with that? I’m not.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Boris isn’t silencing MPs, I agree.

He is merely taking legal advice about the best way to silence MPs.

Are you ok with that? I’m not.

Any parallels in history? Perhaps in other right wing dictatorships?

Boris is toxic for the UK and he should be ousted as soon as possible.

He is not speaking on behalf of the electorate or anyone else but himself and his own lying cheating ego.

15 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nobody won.

One side got 36%, the other got 35%. The day before, it was dead level and too close to call and the day after, it went in Remain’s favour.

Trying to claim some kind of democratic mandate for this mess makes you just look desperate and lacking in any credible argument. 😯

In this country the right to vote was hard won by our ancestors. if you can’t be bothered to get off your backside to vote without good cause then your right to complain is nullified. So the 36% and 35% who did vote are the only who can be counted not the 29% that’s left.

Edited by hobinfoot

16 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

oh give over, read between the lines, hes telling people not to listen to them, ie:- silence people by getting people to ignore them, and calling them wrong.

3 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

In this country the right to was hard won by our ancestors. if you can’t be bothered to get off your backside without good cause then your right to complain is nullified.

What nonsense!

If someone wants to complain about anything, it it entirely up to them. It nothing to do with you, me or anyone else.