Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

12 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So Boris will take back control. All of it, for himself and acolytes , but only them.

This cannot be allowed to happen.

Considering parliament have so far shown how inept they are a dealing with this then its not surprising, but lets see what her maj says about it eh as its up to her.

1 minute ago, Dromedary said:

Considering parliament have so far shown how inept they are a dealing with this then its not surprising, but lets see what her maj says about it eh as its up to her.

She's a stamp model, nothing more. She'll wave it through. 

If he wants parliament to do what he wants, maybe he should hold a general election, get a nice fat majority and push through what he likes.  But if he doesn't need Mps anymore I fully expect mine to resign, today.

3 minutes ago, Obelix said:

I beleive that it's time for considerable civil disobediance to start.

This is strange.. Those that dont like what Johnson has/is doing are wanting others to behave even worse by encouraging civil disobedience!

1 minute ago, Dromedary said:

This is strange.. Those that dont like what Johnson has/is doing are wanting others to behave even worse by encouraging civil disobedience!

Yes.

It's that simple. I do not intend to live in a dictatorship.

For three years this country has simply ignored 48% of it's population and I think they are going to make the country listen soon - and I suspect that it will not be pretty.

8 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

No it isn't. Johnson has many options and by suspending parliament he's taken away all mine and yours. My MP has head his head so far up Johnson's arse it would be pointless to contact him (I have anyway) - but its totally pointless now because he can literally do nothing about it. He can't raise it in the commons! And what else will Boris do - he's got no oversight. Trump will be right in his ear for starters, so that's a crap deal rushed through. War with Iran? Why not. 

It's like giving a toddler a gun!

Just now, Obelix said:

Yes.

It's that simple. I do not intend to live in a dictatorship.

For three years this country has simply ignored 48% of it's population and I think they are going to make the country listen soon - and I suspect that it will not be pretty.

But we held a democratic referendum that was agreed to and also passed by our democratic parliament. In that referendum, like it or not, leave voters won by a  margin of 3.78%. As you know its the voters of the population that count as many in that population were not eligible to vote for a number of reasons (again determined by our parliament) or simply just couldn't be bothered to vote. As for that 48% they have so far remained very mute in that 3 years.