Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

Message added by mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Just now, Dromedary said:

But we held a democratic referendum that was agreed to and also passed by our democratic parliament. In that referendum, like it or not, leave voters won by a  margin of 3.78%. As you know its the voters of the population that count as many in that population were not eligible to vote for a number of reasons (again determined by our parliament) or simply just couldn't be bothered to vote. As for that 48% they have so far remained very mute in that 3 years.

Ok, forget they lied through it. Forget all the main brexit players all said that they'd get us a deal. The key part was taking back control. 

This isn't taking back control, this is taking away democracy, not from the 52% who voted brexit (again, I'll ignore the dead ones and those that have changed their mind) but this effects all of us. We've took back control and shat on it.

I'll reiterate, Boris has other options. He's chosen something he has no mandate for.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

Ok, forget they lied through it. Forget all the main brexit players all said that they'd get us a deal. The key part was taking back control. 

This isn't taking back control, this is taking away democracy, not from the 52% who voted brexit (again, I'll ignore the dead ones and those that have changed their mind) but this effects all of us. We've took back control and shat on it.

I'll reiterate, Boris has other options. He's chosen something he has no mandate for.

He has a mandate which was given to him by the Queen. If this show up one thing then that is how arcane our political system is and how we are in desperate need of a modern constitution that doe not rely on ancient laws, which is exactly what Boris is using to his advantage. 

14 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Perhaps you could back that up by providing some proof of those so called lies?

I've no interest in talking with Brexit apologists. You lot have had your last ounce of courtesy. I've more important things to plan.

8 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

He has a mandate which was given to him by the Queen. If this show up one thing then that is how arcane our political system is and how we are in desperate need of a modern constitution that doe not rely on ancient laws, which is exactly what Boris is using to his advantage. 

So that's what taking back control looks like is it? 

**** me.

2 minutes ago, convert said:

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb

Here's alittle link to help those remoaners, who've run out of toys to throw from their prams.

Yeah, coz we don't need parliament. You just want to be told what to do by a posh man with a **** hair cut.

That's just weird. Why aren't you angry at this? I know you want to leave - the reasons aren't important anymore - but surely you can see this is the wrong way to do it.

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

**** me.

Yeah, coz we don't need parliament. You just want to be told what to do by a posh man with a **** hair cut.

That's just weird. Why aren't you angry at this? I know you want to leave - the reasons aren't important anymore - but surely you can see this is the wrong way to do it.

Have you ever considered that the EU consider our Parliament to be more than split on Brexit. Previous HOC votes have shown that there is no appetite for leaving, with or without a deal amongst the majority of our MPs.

Boris has strengthened the UK negotiating postion by making this move, which in my opinion, will make the EU more willing to come to the table and strike a deal of equal benefit / detriment to both side. It lessens the chance of no deal.

3 minutes ago, Obelix said:

I've no interest in talking with Brexit apologists. You lot have had your last ounce of courtesy. I've more important things to plan.

In other words you cant back it up and its only fiction. 

Just like post #5126: quote:

"It's been ruled as unsafe and not democratic for ages. Why do you persist in this fiction?"

And when asked to back it up in post #5136 you couldn't.

22 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

**** me.

One word, obsession, fairness and truth doesn't matter anymore. Too many decades of media lies and mistruths have driven people into an obsession