May local elections

19 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Its exactly the same .  candidates standing in areas they have no connection with what so ever.  

You cannot do that in a local election though. You have to work or reside or own property in the local authority area (not necessarily the ward)

Although this year, the candidates address doesnt have to be on the papers so...

On 21/03/2019 at 06:24, El Cid said:

I organised a litter pick last year, but only myself turned up; I am thinking about another one in a couple of weeks.

I wouldn’t put that in your manifesto, to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

Although this year, the candidates address doesn't have to be on the papers so...

I think that is very regrettable, we should ALL be open and honest, my name and address will be on.

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

I think that is very regrettable, we should ALL be open and honest, my name and address will be on.

Tell that to Anna Soubry.

I really don't like the woman but it was actually quite upsetting to hear her talk about the death threat that was sent to her home address last week. You could tell that behind the front she was actually very scared and has been told to stay away from home this week by police.

Obviously this is just a precaution but she must know that if anyone is actually murdered by the far right, her and Dianne Abbott are top two on the list. 😢