Climate change protests

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Well, the batteries are recyclable to begin with, and they produce far fewer emissions than petrol or diesel. There are fuel cell cars too, if they can be made to work, then we’ve really moved on. So, yes, electric cars are worth persevering with.

Electricity generation is getting cleaner too, quite quickly. We still need to do more though. Also leading the rest of the world from a tech point of view can only be a good thing economically 

I always preferred the idea of hydrogen cars. Not sure why electric seems to have become the preferred option. The range is still poor, charging still takes ages, and battery lifespan is rubbish. I'll stick with petrol for now 

Just now, WiseOwl182 said:

I always preferred the idea of hydrogen cars. Not sure why electric seems to have become the preferred option. The range is still poor, charging still takes ages, and battery lifespan is rubbish. I'll stick with petrol for now 

The fuel cell ones are electric cars, powered by hydrogen. To my mind, they look the best bet for reliable personal transport 

3 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

You tell me? More importantly, where's the water going? How will it be leaving the atmosphere?

if its hot it evaps or we drink it,weve had no snow or rain since when? Theres around 20million more people in the country nowadays thanks to open euro borders

Edited by staninoodle

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

The fuel cell ones are electric cars, powered by hydrogen. To my mind, they look the best bet for reliable personal transport 

Sounds good, but probably too far off for me. I'll be buying a new car in 2021, just before the speed limiters come in, and it'll last me a decade or so. I'll reconsider electric options in 2031 onwards.

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Well, the batteries are recyclable to begin with, and they produce far fewer emissions than petrol or diesel. There are fuel cell cars too, if they can be made to work, then we’ve really moved on. So, yes, electric cars are worth persevering with.

Electricity generation is getting cleaner too, quite quickly. We still need to do more though. Also leading the rest of the world from a tech point of view can only be a good thing economically 

Nuclear power is safe, clean and emits zero carbon emissions. Minimal waste.

We need to invest heavily in the nuclear option and persecute wealthy carbon criminals to truly get the message across. 

Not prevent a minimum wage worker from getting on a bus.

Just now, staninoodle said:

if its hot it evaps or we drink it,weve had no snow or rain since when? Thers around 20million more people in the country nowadays thanks to open euro borders

If it evaporates, it stays in the atmosphere. If we drink it, it stays in the atmosphere. Where do you think water is going?