Climate change protests

25 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I agree with you. And I accept your original correction of me up there ^^^ somewhere.

But China isn’t plenty of countries.

Very true, China is not plenty of countries.

Ive been told they produce more CO2 than America, India, Japan and the UK combined though.

China's population is huge, of course it has a higher carbon footprint than other smaller countries.

Per capita, the picture changes.

And let's remember that a lot of China's emissions are really ours. Powering the factories that produce the things we love to buy.

We're all responsible for this. Especially comfortable Europeans. With our high energy* consumption.

(*in whatever form you care to consume it : electricity, transport, water, heat, meat, things, clothes, avacados, etc.)

Over population? Yes it's part of the problem. But given a choice, between a global cull, and nudging fatties in the west to use their cars less, and stop eating meat 4 times a day, even a spoilt snowflake like me can see the 'right' option.

We're responsible, you, me, them, everybody. I'm not asking you to change your lifestyle. I'm asking our government to make sure we *all* change our lifestyles.

That's the only way it'll work.

5 minutes ago, ads36 said:

China's population is huge, of course it has a higher carbon footprint than other smaller countries.

Per capita, the picture changes.

And let's remember that a lot of China's emissions are really ours. Powering the factories that produce the things we love to buy.

We're all responsible for this. Especially comfortable Europeans. With our high energy* consumption.

(*in whatever form you care to consume it : electricity, transport, water, heat, meat, things, clothes, avacados, etc.)

Over population? Yes it's part of the problem. But given a choice, between a global cull, and nudging fatties in the west to use their cars less, and stop eating meat 4 times a day, even a spoilt snowflake like me can see the 'right' option.

We're responsible, you, me, them, everybody. I'm not asking you to change your lifestyle. I'm asking our government to make sure we *all* change our lifestyles.

That's the only way it'll work.

Cracking post! 👍

And to be clear is was not defending our CO2 emissions or trying to demonize another nation. I was just pointing out someone's error.

Me personally? I think we all need to do way more for the environment. If everyone did their little bit then the whole job would be easier to tackle.