Sheffield Half Marathon 2019

Well  done Fudbeer! :)

Anyone else do Worksop Half yesterday?

My plan was to train up for, and get a decent time in, Sheffield HM next year. I'm not really 'half marathon fit' at the moment (my long runs in recent months have been around 8 miles), but at the last minute I decided to join friends and do Worksop. It was tough but I really enjoyed it still, and pleased I managed to run the whole 13.1 miles.

Got to around 4.5 miles, and some cyclists coming the other way warned we may need our swimming costumes...

Sure enough, around 2 minutes later there was a massive puddle in the middle of the road, with no way around. A lot of runners were just wading through, but some, like me, bombed right in. I just wanted to get through to the other side ASAP. Icey cold water well above the ankles, cold soaking wet feet and squelshy socks and shoes with 8.5 miles to go. All good fun still...

Edited by Waldo

7 hours ago, Waldo said:

Well  done Fudbeer! :)

Anyone else do Worksop Half yesterday?

My plan was to train up for, and get a decent time in, Sheffield HM next year. I'm not really 'half marathon fit' at the moment (my long runs in recent months have been around 8 miles), but at the last minute I decided to join friends and do Worksop. It was tough but I really enjoyed it still, and pleased I managed to run the whole 13.1 miles.

Got to around 4.5 miles, and some cyclists coming the other way warned we may need our swimming costumes...

Sure enough, around 2 minutes later there was a massive puddle in the middle of the road, with no way around. A lot of runners were just wading through, but some, like me, bombed right in. I just wanted to get through to the other side ASAP. Icey cold water well above the ankles, cold soaking wet feet and squelshy socks and shoes with 8.5 miles to go. All good fun still...

Worksop is my favourite half marathon. I did yesterdays on the back of doing the Yorkshire marathon last week and quickly realised that my legs still had very little to give so I didn't quite enjoy it as much as I usually do. That puddle early on was bloody unpleasant but luckily the rest of the course was nice and dry. I love the run through Worksop College at the end and the race T shirts are always good.

13 hours ago, Goon said:

Worksop is my favourite half marathon. I did yesterdays on the back of doing the Yorkshire marathon last week and quickly realised that my legs still had very little to give so I didn't quite enjoy it as much as I usually do. That puddle early on was bloody unpleasant but luckily the rest of the course was nice and dry. I love the run through Worksop College at the end and the race T shirts are always good.

Ah, well done, and after the Yorkshire marathon too, good job! Feel a bit sorry for your legs though! 😛

Yeah it’s a great run, good value for money too.

Not a massive fan of this year’s T-shirt (seems a bit flimsy material, plus long sleeves),  previous ones are good though. Still have a green thick cotton one from 2008 with all the runners names on the back (very small print).