Would You Be Annoyed ?

6 minutes ago, JOHN HABS said:

In response to what Halibut said about me being daft in my being annoyed.......

If they had given me £10 for the pedal I would have been satisfied with that and they would have still made 100% profit on the resale.

Secondly, I read on their site that items put for part exchange against other items would command a better price, that's why I took the

pedal in the first place to try and get a reduction in the item I intended purchasing - if I had just took the pedal to sell it instead of putting it in part exchange

they would have probably still given me £5 for it..........................still think its a fair deal ?

The pedal I sold is a popular make of pedal and I know for definite they wouldn't have any problem in selling it.

If the pedal didn't have its original packaging, instructions and shown signs of wear, I can understand their reluctance to give me more for it, but

the pedal had hardly been used and was has I've said already 'AS NEW'

Regarding trying to sell anything on here, theirs more chance of Nelson getting his eye back......all you get on here is either Timewasters or people

who bicker about the price the item is advertised for !

That's not true for everyone. Iv'e sold everything iv'e advertised on here, and for the price i wanted, every time.

A lot depends on the item offered and the price i think.!

I put an item on e bay but it  wasn't selling.

Towards the closing time I got an e mail telling me I was having a laugh to expect my asking price and he offered a very low sum.

I thanked him but refused his offer.

I got a very snotty reply.

He did me a favour because I reduced my asking price and it sold straight away.

Buyer and seller both happy.

OP could have tried e bay.

Edited by davyboy
grammar

OP, how much do you think it costs to run a shop, and pay staff wages, rent, insurance, keep stock, etc etc. You are imagining the £10 'profit' goes straight in someone's pocket. It doesn't.

If they did the same with another 10 customers, every single day, they'd have £100 markup every day. Barely covers minimum wage, regardless of all their other costs.