"Hope admin don't mind, delete if not allowed"

Nothing much more than a moan but I'm curious to see if I'm just being a mardy bum or if my opinion is shared

So for my sins I help a small charity operate it's Facebook group. I don't do anything other than handle admin tasks.

Recently, and I've seen this on many other groups as well there's a rash of post that start with the thread title "Hope admin don't mind, delete if not allowed".  Usually is for an event or another charity group.

The group I admin has a clear rule for people wishing to make these types of post to contact a member of the admin team and seek prior approval (thankfully most people do) yet people still post this without asking first

Am I just being a bit of a shortened Richard in finding this absolutely rude and obnoxious of the person posting it, again not just on the group I manage but across at least all the groups I belong to?

Ask them for a reciprocal arrangement. 

Actually how would you know if a specific charity or event, or advertiser was bogus?  I suppose you need to go back to your charity 's board - they probably should have a policy on this.  They wouldn't want to be branded guilty by association. 

Edited by Lex Luthor

I think if it is a clear rule in your group for promotional materials/posts to be sent to admins first, then you should remove the post and delete the user. They might be a spam account.

Bear in mind that some peoples posts may start like that but not actually be about promoting a third part group/organization.... 

12 hours ago, Eddie_shef said:

I think if it is a clear rule in your group for promotional materials/posts to be sent to admins first, then you should remove the post and delete the user. They might be a spam account.

Bear in mind that some peoples posts may start like that but not actually be about promoting a third part group/organization.... 

We remove the post and use the option to notify the poster of the rule infraction. If they post again then they're removed.

I was merely having a moan and seeing if there were opposing opinions.