Pre-emptive arrests

19 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Surprised this is only just coming into the public domaine. There were other arrests in similar circumstances at the same time, people given a midnight visit and confined to barracks or locked up for the day of the wedding. 

Actually this has been around for at least a decade.

I seem to remember some members of Movement Against the Monarchy being pre-emptively arrested and detained before some royal event in the early 2000s. While we are bashing our politicians for acting against our interests maybe someone needs to ask the police why they think it is acceptable to use our money and to abuse our human rights in order to prevent upsetting the royal family.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Dispersal Orders wouldn't have been appropriate as they were nowhere near the area when they were detained.

I didn’t think they had to me. I know people who got dispersal orders a mile from a football ground

I agree with the majority, a slippery slope.

On the other hand, if "Royalty" is involved, common sense goes straight out of the window and all bets are off. The delicate "Royal" ears will never hear or their eyes never see any dissent if it is possible to avoid it.

Angel1.