Caesars Wicker. Previous building use?

On the corner of Stanley street and Joiner street was an open space that had red gravel on it and we spent hours on there playing football and cricket. some times about 15 a side and on Sunday dinner after the club turned out some of the men joined in and it was a great laugh to see some of them when they had had enough to drink. 

On 02/04/2019 at 19:40, St Petre said:

Yes, known to locals as Stanley Street club. On the streetview map, there is a company called Baker Blower with a car park next to it, the club was opposite there.

Re pubs in Wicker: I omitted from my list the Lion Hotel (Nursery Street corner), not to be confused with the White Lion which was in the Wicker.

I have memories of going to a Xmas party in that area, it reminded me, at the time, of parties I'd been to at the Loco Club, same food same type of people running it. Can't be certain it was that building though.

40 minutes ago, Siren said:

I have memories of going to a Xmas party in that area, it reminded me, at the time, of parties I'd been to at the Loco Club, same food same type of people running it. Can't be certain it was that building though.

40 minutes ago, Siren said:

were two dyI have memories of going to a Xmas party in that area, it reminded me, at the time, of parties I'd been to at the Loco Club, same food same type of people running it. Can't be certain it was that building though.

The Stanley Street club (now demolished) and  the building that houses Caesars-although on the same side of the street- were two different places.

• 3 years later...