Light switches wiring diagram required

Hi guys.

I've got in my kitchen 2 lights with 2 switches on each side of room. Both switches are 2 gang.

The strange thing is that when i turn the light or lights on from first switch light or lights turn on. If i move to the other switch and try to turn the light or lights off, nothing happens. So i need to random turn the both switches buttons on or off to have the correct on or off for the lights. 

I am sure the wiring in wrong there. So i need help to rewire both switches.

I will make picture for both switches so you can point me to the right direction of wiring them.

I have attached a picture explainig how my switches and lights are.

Also the colour of the wires on one of the switches  are different than the other one.

2 Gang 2 Way Light Switches

Edited by Johny87

When we removed the switches to replaster whole kitchen we didn't save a picture with actual wiring so basically we messed the wires up.

Now we've got brand new switches but need a wiring scheme to put the new ones corectly.

Electrician wants £250 for this job so i will do them by myself.

I've attached another picture with one of the switches.

https://ibb.co/0DkSZxh

Edited by Johny87

I don't think so, as basically single ones will do same thing as double ones. Just one switch for both lights. As double switch means you can turn on and off individual each light, so by connection just one switch means i can turn on and off your only option is on and off for both lights.

Also not to sure how to do that with all of the wires arround there. As from picture you sent,  there is just few cables there. I've got 8 cables on one switch and on the other one almost the same amount. If you can clarify little bit will be really great help.

Edited by Johny87

What you have is effectively two separate two-way switching systems for two separate lights. I can't find a diagram to wire that up but what you need to do is to wire one bulb up first and when that is working with both switches then get the other one working  as well. Treat it as two wiring jobs. 

The problem you have is that without the wires at the two location being marked you have no idea which wires are part of which system. Unfortunately without rewiring the entire system you will have to use trial and error to find the right configuration.

I know it doesn't help you but for anyone else reading, take two seconds with your mobile phone to photograph any wiring setup before taking it apart so that you have a guide to help when you put it back together.