720million eggs thrown away in GB every year

taxman

13 hours ago, taxman said:

Really? What is wrong with people?

Why buy eggs if you're going to throw them away ? And once you've bought your eggs you've got plenty of time to knock up a couple of omelettes or make scrambled eggs or chuck them into a cake. 

Are people bulk buying in case of zombie armageddon? 

Such an incredible waste.

I agree with you.  With all the bad publicity over the years I’ve tried to use eggs well before their best before date, but after reading your link I could be over cautious. You can also freeze eggs.  I had ago at freezing them a few months ago after reading the NHS advice on how to store leftover food.   After defrosting the ready beaten eggs I used them to make an omelet and pancakes, couldn’t tell the difference, but you might already know that you can freeze them.

Some information below.

NHShttps://www.nhs.uk › Live Well › Eat well

Storing eggs

Eggs are best stored in the fridge as they are kept at a constant temperature.

Eggs can also be frozen. Two ways to freeze eggs:

crack the egg and separate yolks and whites into separate plastic containers or food bags before freezing. This is handy for baking.

crack the egg into a plastic tub and beat it before freezing – great for omelettes and scrambled eggs.

You can safely store a boiled egg in the fridge for a couple of days. Boiled eggs can also be frozen.