Strange knock at the door asking if we were Polish

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

Just had 2 men knock on our door asking if we were Polish. I replied no. They then asked if any of our neighbours were Polish. Again, I responded no and they were polite and left. I thought this was a little strange and watched them leave through the window. They didn't knock on any other doors, just walked to the end of the road. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Maybe it's innocent, it just seems a little weird...

Weirdly if you google that occurrence there are others people posting similar occurrences.

1 hour ago, JJJones said:

yeah if they were JW's they would've fully explained who they were and why they were calling.

Lol yeah, big time, they would spend as much time as you would allow them to tell you who they were. I have had a few funny encounters with the Watchtower brigade over the years. 

11 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Lol yeah, big time, they would spend as much time as you would allow them to tell you who they were. I have had a few funny encounters with the Watchtower brigade over the years. 

Me too, Mr T.   Like the time I invited them in for a coffee and biscuits, they sat down and I asked them what they wanted to talk about..

They gave me a blank look and said, don"t know we"ve never got this far before.

53 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Top answer.😀

It is a good answer, Polish delis are brilliant, but according to the OP they didn't knock on anyone else's door. Maybe they were the only white family on the street eh?:confused:

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Me too, Mr T.   Like the time I invited them in for a coffee and biscuits, they sat down and I asked them what they wanted to talk about..

They gave me a blank look and said, don"t know we"ve never got this far before.

Ha ha ha! good one mate!

19 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

It is a good answer, Polish delis are brilliant, but according to the OP they didn't knock on anyone else's door. Maybe they were the only white family on the street eh?:confused:

Ha ha ha! good one mate!

You watched 'Black Books' as well then, top comedy series.