Best curry house in Sheffield?

Kbz7

On 08/03/2021 at 14:10, sedith said:

Barnstaple

http://www.gurkhabarnstaple.co.uk/

I used the Mangla for many years but it went downhill for me; the Kashmir I felt was little too basic.  First one I ever went in was the Indus in Fitzalan Sq. I also remember old 'Slammer' on Attercliffe Common. The days when the table covering was old lino nailed to it. Happy days.

Loved the Spittal Hill ones - Kashmir was excellent - especially when you had to ask for cutlery. And the records on the wall - so and so ate so many gluabs...

@FIRETHORN1 You can still get a  good Curry on Brick Lane. There is a lot of restaurants so you get staff standing outside trying to get you inside (free wine, discount ect). Worth having a look online at  Timeout and other sites to see the recommended ones.  The Famous Curry Bazar and Bengal Village are nice and seem to get good reviews.  If you don't like any of the Curry places there is always the Beigel shops.

• 1 month later...
On 06/06/2021 at 17:44, Zinger549 said:

@FIRETHORN1 You can still get a  good Curry on Brick Lane. There is a lot of restaurants so you get staff standing outside trying to get you inside (free wine, discount ect). Worth having a look online at  Timeout and other sites to see the recommended ones.  The Famous Curry Bazar and Bengal Village are nice and seem to get good reviews.  If you don't like any of the Curry places there is always the Beigel shops.

Sweet and spicy was one of the best on Brick Lane and sadly closed. Their kahari, dhasak and chicken curries were lovely. I used to go on a Sunday after a night out, then the pub's in Spitalfields after!

Article on closing here: https://spitalfieldslife.com/2013/03/27/so-long-sweet-spicy/

On 15/07/2021 at 11:32, S1 1DJ said:

Sweet and spicy was one of the best on Brick Lane and sadly closed. Their kahari, dhasak and chicken curries were lovely. I used to go on a Sunday after a night out, then the pub's in Spitalfields after!

Article on closing here: https://spitalfieldslife.com/2013/03/27/so-long-sweet-spicy/

Never went to that one. If you want a good and cheap curry in London the Indian YMCA near Fitzroy Sq is good.  £8 for lunch or dinner and it's a self serve buffet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2021 at 12:36, Zinger549 said:

Never went to that one. If you want a good and cheap curry in London the Indian YMCA near Fitzroy Sq is good.  £8 for lunch or dinner and it's a self serve buffet.

Yep, near BT Tower! Work over there from time to time, but not been in.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone visited the 400 degrees C curry place in town centre, its on Castle Square opposite The Bankers Draft? I've looked it up on TripAdvisor,  but there seems to be lots of great reviews from people who've only done 1 review which makes me slightly suspicious...