Best curry house in Sheffield?

Kbz7

i know its not sheffield but tried the Maazi in hathersage last week , its the old walnut club best curry i've had in years

agree, it's very good. They've done a good job of renovating the place too. It's a nice place to go for a meal if you fancy getting out of the city.

Nowhere near as nice in terms of surroundings, but also good Indian food, is Raaz on Sowerby Street in Chesterfield.

Best newcomer I tried in Sheffield in the past year or so would be Prithiraj on Eccy Road.

I still think that Akbar's (between Meadowhall and Rotherham - not the copycat version on West st) is the best overall and very good value for money. Just depends on whether you can be bothered to drive all the way out there and put up with the Chavs that frequent it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of Ayesha's on Dronfield bottom - good atmosphere and never disappointed with the food. Have to say though my favourite is Akbars near Meadowhall - love the décor etc inside and always really enjoy meals there. Whatever day of the week/time we go on it is always busy - surely a good sign.

They have probably realised, like so many curry places that cater mainly to a white British clientele, that the quality of the food is not very important for most people.

I disagree I feel we have quite a lot of white British people with a great palette for a nice curry, speaking personally I love Koh Hi Noor at Handsworth.

Try two of my favorites that's ambar on Ecclesall Road

It's just over hunters bar roundabout on the right hand side heading away from town not often mentioned on here

I also recommend jewel next to meadowhall retail park.

Ambar is 20 years old this month.

It's excellent, certainly one of my favourites.

I've known Kumar since he used to work in The Stirrings on Oakbrook Road. He has built Ambar into a top-notch restaurant.