Local elections 2 May 2019

4 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

I spoilt my paper. I simply wrote " Deliver Brexit as Promised - Traitors " 

Sorry, I still don't understand what the promised brexit was...

But then again it was never explained what it would be.

So - you can't complain about what is delivered (even if it is remain).

But you will - won't you?

31 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Sorry, I still don't understand what the promised brexit was...

Blue passports. 

£350 000 000 a week to the NHS

Simple trade deals around the world 

Free unicorns 

No blacks, no gypsies, no gays.

I’m pretty sure that was the gist of it.

40 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

UKIP got mullered losing 1300 seats. And UKIP got mullered as well.

Wake up. Brexit is dead.

Yet according  to the papers tomorrow, labour, ukip and tories getting hammered is a sign we really want brexit.

It defies any and all logic.

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yet according  to the papers tomorrow, labour, ukip and tories getting hammered is a sign we really want brexit.

Yes it does. They have utterly lost touch with reality.

Remainers must not lose their nerve. We will win in the end.

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

The bulk of Labour and Tory seats that were lost went to the Lib Dem’s and the Greens, both remain parties. UKIP got their arses kicked,

All yesterday’s results showed was that lots of Leave supporters are having a massive sulk! 😳

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The bulk of Labour and Tory seats that were lost went to the Lib Dem’s and the Greens, both remain parties. UKIP got their arses kicked,

All yesterday’s results showed was that lots of Leave supporters are having a massive sulk! 😳

Roll on May 23 when Brexit supporters can absolutely display their anger by voting in democratic elections for a body they claim is undemocratic.

If Yaxley-Lennon gets elected that will be democracy won’t it? He will be a democratically elected member of a democratic body.

It has to be said Brussels has some great bars and I’m sure Tommeh will enjoy every second.

7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No guessing UKIP will be wiped out at the European elections, only question is will the Brexit Party rise higher?   Disaffected Torys, protest voters, lower than average IQ easily swayed and anti foreigners, will be drawn like the proverbial flies round a black market chocolate cigar, to add to those few genuine reasons,

I've stated on to the old brexit  threads a few times, the European Parliament is a white folks club and has no intention of reforming , what better way is there than to than to vote in some of Britain most notoriously (ring stops) Watchout Europe Britains answer to the Adams family could be coming.

The day after Europeans voting card came through the door, so did a Brexit Party leaflet, obviously they'll be a well bankrolled campaign, and the media loves a Circus.

Haha 

So in light of Labour's seat losses in Sheffield, Julie Dore had to fend off a leadership challenge from Coun. Terry Fox.  Attempting replace one incompetent for another. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/leadership-challenge-fails-as-julie-dore-hangs-on-as-sheffield-labour-leader-following-losses-in-the-council-chamber-1-9749043

Really listening to Dore on Radio Sheffield, I thought I'd gone back in time to the days of Jan Wilson; "We need to engage & LISTEN to the people of Sheffield." 

Ah but that's the trouble Julie luv, you don't listen 99% of the time as you presume the status quo will persist,  safe in the knowledge that Labour will keep control in Sheffield based on the the safe Labour seats guaranteed in the estates with the poor electorate turnouts. 

I don't thinks its particularly a leave or stay argument that is causing so much anger from people against the main political partys.

Its their inability to sort it out and  get on with it ,most people I talk to are fed up to the back teeth of it now.