blades v ipswich

petcharlie

23 hours ago, cmonkes said:

We do what we do every game!

We firstly respect the opposition...because this is the Championship! Anything can happen if you allow yourself to become complacent. 

But we have been playing without fear again, most recently against Hull...a game in which we against demonstrated relentless, wave after waves of attacking pressure. We have the potential to hurt them greatly and will if we play to our full potential. 

Didsy is in fine form and has a big point to prove against the club that released him. He will no doubt be out to show them what they let go, after his interview earlier in the season it is clear that there is no love lost what so ever. 

All in all, the boys are in such fantastic form again. Proving all the "wobble" and "pressure" doubters wrong once more!....Time to kick on and do it in style, they will all want to continue with a PL club should we cross the line as expected...So it's time to shine and show that you are worthy of consideration. 

Why stop here? Finish the job in style.....Norwich have Blackburn and Villa to play, they've shown signs of wobbling! Why stop here? Go for the title, we would be more than worthy of it! 

We are capable of beating both of our remaining opponents in style.....So set the bar high as Wilder does every week! We play to win! And we believe that we can beat anyone!

A sell out crowd at the lane providing the perfect platform for us to pretty much seal the deal! Enjoy it, before popping the champers on ice!

Well cmonks I wish I could enjoy it I am so tense knowing what is at stake .Although I like where we are in the Championship the cash the prem clubs get are life changing for normal clubs like ours.The most enjoyable thing should we crack it on Saturday is to see the faces of all those West Yorkshire fans who thought it was just a matter of time before they took their place at the top table.What ever happens, this season has been fabulous and we should thank Dave Basset for hounding the chairman to get Chris Wilder in the hot seat.What a job that guy has done for this club .The guy is a winner and how it shows he has been the most important signing the club has made in 50 years he has transformed the club from top to bottom and given the fans their club back.

3 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Well cmonks I wish I could enjoy it I am so tense knowing what is at stake .Although I like where we are in the Championship the cash the prem clubs get are life changing for normal clubs like ours.The most enjoyable thing should we crack it on Saturday is to see the faces of all those West Yorkshire fans who thought it was just a matter of time before they took their place at the top table.What ever happens, this season has been fabulous and we should thank Dave Basset for hounding the chairman to get Chris Wilder in the hot seat.What a job that guy has done for this club .The guy is a winner and how it shows he has been the most important signing the club has made in 50 years he has transformed the club from top to bottom and given the fans their club back.

The Premiership can be the making of some clubs but it doesn't work out so great for others, Sunderland, Bolton have gone pear shaped and Fulham spent millions only to fail, I'm not a fan of it. 

2 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

The Premiership can be the making of some clubs but it doesn't work out so great for others, Sunderland, Bolton have gone pear shaped and Fulham spent millions only to fail, I'm not a fan of it. 

I know what your saying Brookes, a lot of posters are saying the same thing.. but at the end of the day you want to be in the Prem. competing with the best. Apparently the best league in the world, no brainer mate.

If Wilder does what he has done in the past... with signings such as Egan, Stevens, Baldock, McGoldrick, O'Connell, Bashem.. presumably he can do the same, but at a level up from where they are now... rather than do what other sides have done and bought in substandard players on silly money for silly fees, cos the cash is burning a hole in their collective pockets.

I just can't see him suddenly signing guys for 10s of millions.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I know what your saying Brookes, a lot of posters are saying the same thing.. but at the end of the day you want to be in the Prem. competing with the best. Apparently the best league in the world, no brainer mate.

Yes but very few in the Prem can "compete with the best" you've got 6 teams fighting for the top for a few also rans like Everton and the rest are in a dogfight just to stay in it at the expense of cup runs etc, what do you remember as a fan a year when you scraped to stay in the league or an appearance in a cup final, its been a bad move for English football in my opinion, I rarely watch it but I did watch the Manchester derby the other night which Sky hyped up for days, the game was a very dull affair.

A goal and an assist for Jack O'Connell, yesterday.  Sums up what Chris Wilder has done for this club, a young defender deemed not good enough for Brentford. 

Premier League clubs have been sniffing around him all season, so we probably would have lost him in summer.

A great game and a party atmosphere at BDTBL yesterday, but it's not over yet, the fat lady is gargling with Listerine, but she is not on stage yet.

Villa can beat Norwich in the final game and we can beat Stoke to go up in top spot.