Accident that wasn't my fault.

10 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Fair, if that's what they do then yes that's totally illegal.  I've never played along that far to find out.

As I said, I haven't done it for a while. If I do it again, I may tape it. I may also ask the advisor "is this legal?" to see what their response is.

And let's not forget that it takes two to tango. It is not the claims company which is making the fraudulent claim it is YOU! How often do you hear people say "Of course I bumped up my insurance claim. I've paid enough over the years and all I'm doing is getting some of it back." Well they are getting it back, but from you and me through higher insurance premiums.

By defrauding an insurance company you are not 'sticking it to the man', you are sticking it to your fellow men. We live in a capitalist economy where business will always win. Fraudulent insurance claims don't reduce shareholders' dividends. The divident stays the same because we subsidise it through higher premiums.