The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

Message added by mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

27 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

He wasn't assaulted, he had a milkshake thrown over the front of his suit!

Nothing more than has been done for centuries from rotten fruit, to eggs to banana milkshake. 

Which constitutes common assault. That's the law. I wouldn't think the punishment deserves more than a slap on the wrist, but it certainly isn't something we should pretend is OK. 

I don't know what relevance mediaeval practices have got to do with anything, other than to highlight the fact that this sort of behaviour belongs in a bygone era. 

Normalising this sort of behaviour is part of the problem. Presumably you would have a problem if someone didn't like homeless people and thought it would be funny to chuck milkshake over them? Maybe a climate change denier doesn't agree with Greta Thunberg and then decides to throw milkshake over her. Would those things be OK? Obviously not, and neither was this. 

Edited by Robin-H

11 hours ago, Robin-H said:

Maybe a climate change denier doesn't agree with Greta Thunberg and then decides to throw milkshake over her. 

Greta Thunberg is not trying to divide society and stir up hatred and is very unlikely to have milkshake thrown at her! 🙄

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Greta Thunberg is not trying to divide society and stir up hatred and is very unlikely to have milkshake thrown at her! 🙄

That's not the point. 

You don't get to decide who is an isn't deserving of being harassed in the street. Either it is acceptable or it isn't. Some people have very strong views about climate change being a myth, and dislike anyone who says otherwise. They are allowed that opinion, but that doesn't give them the right to abuse people who hold a different opinion to them. The exact same goes for Farage. 

4 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

They are allowed that opinion, but that doesn't give them the right to abuse people who hold a different opinion to them. The exact same goes for Farage. 

I don’t remember you getting this exercised when Anna Soubry was harassed by a group of far right thugs outside the a House of Commons.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I don’t remember you getting this exercised when Anna Soubry was harassed by a group of far right thugs outside the a House of Commons.

Haha I was waiting for that. 

Unlike when Anna Soubry was getting harassed there weren't (seemingly otherwise sensible) people on here saying that it was OK.  

And no, I have never and would never vote for Farage - I voted remain in the referendum. Trying to make out that I don't have an issue with assault or harassment when it is perpetrated by far right thugs is quite frankly disgusting. I take an issue with assault or harassment full stop, regardless of who it is directed at. 

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Dividing society and stirring up hatred are also traits of the left, look no further than the hatred and venom from those very same people who accuse others of such on here, they believe themselves as being better by virtue of their class status and education level, regarding their self righteous opinions as being more valid, very much like our out of touch politicians. Look at people like Corbyn who has the audacity to think he can bring the people of this country together, when great swathes of the working class can't abide him or his politics, divisive and delusional, he would be the biggest recruiter for the political right this country has ever seen if he gets in power.

This country was divided long before the likes of Farage and others entered the political fray and there are absolutely no signs of that going away, regardless of ever increasing establishment censorship !

12 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It is providing camouflage for the Brexit Party funding issues

Technically though they may not actually have issues with their funding, anything under £500 doesn't need to be declared or inspected and most main partys accept donations through PayPal.

It's more a failing of the funding system then anything they're doing different to other partys.